Alfred & Tillie Shemanski Testamentary Trust Grant
Alfred & Tillie Shemanski Trust
Grant amount: US $1,000 - US $90,000
Deadline: Oct 15, 2018
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, General Operating Expense, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Washington, Counties in Washington: Island County, King County, Kitsap County, Mason County, Pierce County, Skagit County, Snohomish County, Thurston County Expand all
Location of residency: Counties in Washington: Island County, King County, Kitsap County, Mason County, Pierce County, Skagit County, Snohomish County, Thurston County Expand allView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The Alfred & Tillie Shemanski Trust was established in 1974 to:
- Improve the capacity of and cooperation among Jewish congregations in the City of Seattle, Washington.
- Support interfaith tolerance and understanding.
- Provide scholarship assistance, primarily to the University of Washington and Seattle University.
- Support and promote quality educational, human services and health care programming for economically disadvantaged individuals and families.
Alfred Shemanski was an immigrant from Poland with little formal education. He understood the struggles of being a stranger in a strange land and became a champion for both Jewish and secular education. His successes never blinded him to the plight of those less fortunate. Mr. Shemanski exercised philanthropy in the purest definition of the word—love of mankind. The advisory committee seeks to make grants in keeping with the following Shemanski values:
- Religious respect and tolerance
- Caring for those in financial stress
- Strengthening the Jewish community
Grant requests for specific programs, general operating support, start-up funding, and prizes or awards are encouraged.
Grants from the Shemanski Trust are 1 year in duration.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Funding will not be considered for projects by individuals or for political purposes.
- Tickets for dinners or other fundraising events, or requests for sponsorship of courtesy advertising will also be considered ineligible.
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Alfred & Tillie Shemanski Testamentary Trust Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.