Alkek Foundation Grant
The Albert and Margaret Alkek Foundation
Grant amount: Up to US $500,000
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Applied Project / Program, Biomedical
Location of project: Texas
Location of residency: TexasView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The Albert and Margaret Alkek Foundation was established to provide support for charitable, religious, scientific (primarily medical), cultural and educational organizations and programs serving the people of the state of Texas. Additional grants reflect the Alkek family’s strong community involvement, both in Houston and throughout the state.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Grants are made only to nonprofit organizations that are recognized as public charities by the Internal Revenue Service.
- Grants are limited to organizations and projects serving the State of Texas.
- The majority of the Foundation’s grants reflect Mr. Alkek’s preferences for research and education-related projects that will pay lasting dividends in terms of new discoveries and improved quality of life.
- The Foundation does not make grants to individuals or loans of any type.
- The Foundation does not make direct scholarships to students. All scholarship programs are administered through educational institutions.
- The Foundation does not make grants intended to influence legislation or to support candidates for political office.
- The Foundation prefers not to fund:
- Fund-raising events, advertising in programs, memorials for individuals or other similar activities
- Student organizations or charities operated by service clubs
- The purchase of uniforms, equipment, or trips for school-related organizations or sports teams
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Alkek Foundation Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.