Alkermes Education Grants
AlkermesSuggest an update
Grant amount: Unspecified amount
Applicant type: Indigenous Group Government Entity College / University Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach
Location of project: United States
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
Alkermes Education Grants
Alkermes contributes to independent education by supporting educational grants. Our focus areas include educational activities with pragmatic approaches to improve patient care and public health in the domains of schizophrenia, depression, and alcohol and opioid dependence. We expect to contribute to a better and expanded understanding of the underlying mechanisms of disease and their relevance to medications that address those characteristics, as well as the overall treatment in a broad sense that includes psychosocial methods.
Grant requests must be unsolicited, should typically have multiple funders, support education on a wide range of treatment options, not promote a particular medicine and must not provide nor promise to Alkermes any tangible benefit. If there will be faculty for the activity, please do not share faculty names with Alkermes in any of the documentation uploaded. If requesting honoraria payment for faculty, please include in your submission the hourly rate and anticipated number of hours to be worked.
Areas of Interest
Alkermes is interested in collaborative submissions between CME providers partnering with professional organizations of practitioners who focus on treatment of persons with serious mental illness, such as schizophrenia and addictive disorders. Examples might include proposals for CME activities for regional meetings of psychiatric or addiction practitioners, or partnering with professional nurse practitioner, case manager, or pharmacist societies in their CME efforts for their constituents.
Alkermes is currently accepting proposals that address the topic areas listed below.
Substance Use Disorders
- Improving the understanding of comparative effectiveness data for the treatment of OUD
- Increasing awareness and understanding of opioid use disorder, alcohol use disorder, and the medication treatment options
- Integrating medication for the treatment of OUD or AUD into outpatient practice
- Improving the awareness and understanding of long-acting injectable medications for the treatment of Opioid Use Disorder (OUD)
- Increasing awareness of treatment guidelines for OUD and AUD
- Reducing barriers to initiation of treatment and retention in treatment for patients with OUD and AUD
- Understanding and implementing pharmacologic approaches to address suboptimal outcomes for persons with schizophrenia
- Using patient-centered approaches for optimizing treatment of schizophrenia
- Addressing why medications fail for the treatment of schizophrenia: non-engagement, nonresponse, nonadherence, and comorbidities
Major Depressive Disorder (MDD)
Please note, Alkermes is not awarding applications for MDD until the second half of 2019. Please plan accordingly.
- Education on new understanding of the pathophysiology of MDD
- Exploring existing and novel (e.g., non-monoamine) pharmacological mechanisms for MDD
- Recognition and management of patients with MDD with an inadequate response to current antidepressant therapy
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Qualified organizations for U.S. Medical Educational requests are those that provide educational opportunities for physicians and other health care professionals.
- The organizations are responsible for the content, quality, and scientific integrity of all activities they certify for credit.
- Alkermes U.S. Medical Education will consider proposals for educational activities from non-accredited organizations; however, accredited programs will receive the highest priority.
- Alkermes’ educational grant funds may not be used to support overhead expenses of the applicant or for any other institution affiliated with the applicant.
- Alkermes will not support funding for meals, unless they are modest buffet meals, snacks or coffee that are made available to all attendees of the Educational Activity and where the identity of the Healthcare Participants who partake is not separately identifiable.
- Educational grants will not be awarded to or for:
- Individuals or a healthcare professional’s private practice
- Any charity or foundation associated with or controlled by an individual healthcare professional or healthcare professional’s private practice
- Organizations that discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, religion, age, national origin or disability
- Fundraising event of a potential customer (e.g., treatment center or hospital) where the proceeds are being used to cover general operational and routine business costs
- Events that have already occurred
- Political organizations, campaigns and activities
- Religious organizations or groups whose activities are primarily sectarian in purpose
- Programs or proposals that supplement an organization’s income or offset its expenses in a manner that benefits, directly or indirectly, a physician’s compensation
- Alkermes does not provide support for education programs that are intended to encourage, induce, or influence any grant recipient to purchase, prescribe, refer, recommend, sell, administer, or arrange for the purchase, sale or recommendation, or formulary placement of any Alkermes’ product.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Alkermes Education Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.
Please wait while we load this grant.
Sorry, we're having trouble loading this grant.