Alkermes Inspiration Grants
Deadline: Jun 17, 2021 3:00pm PDT
Grant amount: Unspecified amount
Fields of work: Addiction & Substance Abuse Mental Health & Psychiatric Diseases Cancer/Oncology
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Project / Program
Location of project: United States
Location of residency: United States
Alkermes Inspiration Grants®
Alkermes is currently accepting applications for its Alkermes Inspiration Grants® program. This competitive grants program will provide up to a total of $500,000 in grants to assist nonprofit organizations in their work to address the needs of people living with addiction, serious mental illness or cancer. This program will prioritize funding for proposals that are designed to address the needs of historically under-resourced or underrepresented communities.
Areas of Interest
Applicants are encouraged to be creative and innovative in proposing new programs - or significant expansions and improvements to existing programs - that are designed to address challenges for people living with addiction, serious mental illness or cancer and promote health equity for diverse communities. The following examples describe some, but not all, areas of interest:
- Improving or enhancing support or resources (e.g., helplines, mobile outreach) to address needs of people living with addiction, serious mental illness and/or cancer
- Innovative efforts to meet educational needs of patients, their families and caregivers in historically under-resourced or underrepresented communities
- Education and/or support to help people living with addiction and/or serious mental illness return to work and/or return to life from criminal justice settings
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Only 501(c)(3) charitable organizations in the U.S. that are not engaged in the practice of healthcare may apply for Alkermes Inspiration Grants funding.
- Preference will be given to programs with national reach within the U.S. Broad regional programs in geographic areas with historically under-resourced or underrepresented communities will also be prioritized for funding.
- Any program engaged in the treatment of a medical condition will not be considered.
- Programs that reference Alkermes products or product candidates, or seek to measure the impacts of Alkermes products, are not eligible for funding through this program.
- In addition, the following organizations are not eligible to receive funding through this program:
- Healthcare organizations, treatment facilities and individual healthcare professionals/ private practices
- Foundations or charities controlled by healthcare providers or their private practices
- Labor unions/trade associations
- Political/lobbying groups
- Religious organizations
- Fraternal, service or veterans’ organizations