Alvar & Louise Swanson Greater Community Fund
Columbia Basin FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: Up to US $3,000
Anticipated deadline: Mar 31, 2021 11:45pm PDT
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Project / Program, Education / Outreach
Location of project: Counties in Washington: Adams County, Grant County, Lincoln County
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save
About this funder:
Overview of the Columbia Basin Foundation
Since 1996, Columbia Basin Foundation has been serving the people of the Columbia Basin as a charitable community foundation. We are one of over 650 community foundations in the United States. A community foundation is a tax-exempt public charity that enables people to establish charitable funds. Community foundations make grants to community groups from funds established by individuals, families, businesses and others who wish to support the work of non-profit groups, schools and other groups that address community needs.
Like all community foundations, we are governed by a volunteer Board of Directors made up of leading citizens and professionals with expertise in knowing our community’s needs. We strive to identify current and emerging issues in our communities and stimulate resources to address those needs and help our region prepare for the future.
Erle & Helen Sola Community Fund
- Grant amount: To be determined
- Field of interest: Open
- Geographic area: Grant, Adams and western Lincoln Counties of Washington State.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- All grantees must qualify as 501(c)(3) non-profit or public organizations or have a written agreement with a fiscal sponsor that has this designation.
- The Foundation will make grants only to qualified, tax-exempt nonprofit organizations for work directly benefiting residents of the Columbia Basin.
- The Foundation will:
- Place a priority on projects that help build the community and help strengthen community connections.
- Favor those applications that show the greatest promise of leveraging additional support from the community.
- Favor creative projects that meet specific community needs and benefit a broad segment of the local population.
- The Foundation will not:
- Make grants when the activities are not clearly described.
- Make grants when the goals are not specific or realistic.
- Make grants when the income and expense statements are incomplete or unclear.
- Make grants to individuals, government agencies, or religious organizations for religious purposes.
- Make grants for endowments, debt retirement, political campaigns, fundraising events, advertising, or conferences.
- Make grants to organizations that discriminate on the basis of ethnicity, gender, religion, or physical ability.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Alvar & Louise Swanson Greater Community Fund by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.