Amelia Peabody Charitable Fund Grant
Amelia Peabody Charitable Fund
Grant amount: US $10,000 - US $100,000
Next anticipated deadline: Feb 1, 2019 2:00pm PST
Later anticipated deadlines: Jul 1, 2019 2:00pm PDT
Applicant type: Nonprofit College / University
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Applied Project / Program, Capital Project
Location of project: Massachusetts
Location of residency: MassachusettsView website Save Need help writing this grant?
- Mission Specific: Peabody's philanthropic legacy and interests are of paramount concern.
- Geography: The Board focuses its giving in Massachusetts.
- Capital: The Board favors capital projects and purchases when the need is relevant to the community served, and where a large area or number of people will benefit.
- Lasting Impact: The Board favors initiatives with measurable, significant, and lasting impact.
- Likelihood of Success: The Board looks for well-conceived and researched projects with specific and well defined outcomes. A logical implementation plan, with a realistic and appropriately detailed supporting budget, timeframes, multiple sources of funding for the undertaking, and the credibility of the organization are important elements in evaluating the proposal.
- Proportional and Appropriated: The Board expects the dollar amount requested to be in proportion to size of the projectas well as the size of the organization.
- Well Leveraged: The Board looks favorably on organizations that can secure funding from multiple sources. In a major capital project, the trustees expect the fundraising process to be well along before receiving a proposal. Challenge grants are sometimes considered by the Trustees to help grant seekers secure funding from other sources.
- Community Support: The Board looks for evidence that the organization and its work are valued by the constituents it serves and surrounding community.
- Soundness of Organization: The Board favors supporting well-managed organizations with good oversight and relatively low administration and other overhead expenses. An organization's financial statement and condition are important considerations.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- If your project and organizational purpose fit the APCF Mission Statement the trustees invite you to apply for a grant.
- Grants are made exclusively for capital projects and capital purchases.
- If a request is not funded, grant seekers may re-apply in the second calendar year following a denial.
- If a request is funded, we will not consider subsequent requests from that organization for a minimum of three years.
- We will not accept proposals from:
- Private Foundations
- Organizations existing or operating outside Massachusetts
- Organizations funded principally with tax dollars
- Start-up organizations
- Section 509(a)(3) supporting organizations
- Religious organizations for religious purposes
- Educational institutions for educational purposes
- We will not fund:
- Operating budgets
- Annual fund drives
- Emergencies or immediate funding requests
- Events, performances, media, theatrical productions, publications, exhibits, conferences
- Multi-year grant proposals
- Advocacy or lobbying efforts
- Scholarships / Fellowships / Endowments
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Amelia Peabody Charitable Fund Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.