America’s Farmers Grow Ag Leaders Scholarship
Bayer FundSuggest an update
Grant amount: US $1,500
Anticipated deadline: Jan 15, 2021 8:59pm PST
Applicant type: Undergraduate Student High School Student
Funding uses: Scholarship
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Delaware, Florida, Georgia (US state), Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, Wisconsin, Wyoming Show all
Age restriction: No more than 23 years of age
Minimum GPA: 2.5View website Save
About this funder:
The Monsanto Fund works to substantially and meaningfully improve people's lives around the world. As the philanthropic arm of Monsanto, we're focused on one goal – strengthening both farming communities and the communities where we live and work.
America’s Farmers Grow Ag Leaders, sponsored by the Bayer Fund, partners with farmers to award rural youth scholarships to support their studies in ag-related fields after high school. Farmers play a fundamental role in Grow Ag Leaders by promoting the opportunity to local students and endorsing applications. This year, more than $500,000 in scholarships was awarded to students across the country. Grow Ag Leaders scholarships are available in a variety of fields including: farming, agronomy, education, science, technology, business, communications and more.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Applicants must:
- live in an Eligible County
- be under the age of 23 at time of application (February 1)
- be high school seniors (public, private or homeschool) or full-time college students (minimum of 12 credit hours)
- have at least a 2.5 GPA at the time of application
- Applicants do not need to be FFA members.
- Applicants must be pursuing or intending to pursue higher education in an agriculture-related field of study from a two- or four-year program or trade school and specializinghere.
- Eligible students must obtain two endorsements from Eligible Farmers to complete the student’s scholarship application.
- Endorsers must live or farm in an Eligible County, be 21 years old or older, be actively engaged in farming (an “Eligible Farmer”), and agree to these Terms and Conditions.
- A farmer is “actively engaged in farming” if he or she performs the farm work, or hires and actively manages others who do so on a full or part-time basis.
- A farmer does not have to reside in the same county as the student he or she is endorsing, and a farmer does not have to purchase Monsanto products to be eligible.
- The following individuals are not eligible to participate in the program:
- officers, directors, and employees of Monsanto Fund (the “Sponsor”), or of any of its representatives or advertising/promotion agencies;
- officers, directors and employees, of Monsanto Company, or of any of its subsidiaries or affiliates;
- spouses or domestic partners of any of the officers, directors or employees listed in (1) or (2), above;
- officers, directors and employees of any seed dealers; and
- spouses or domestic partners of any of the officers, directors or employees listed in (4), above.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the America’s Farmers Grow Ag Leaders Scholarship by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.