AES Student Travel Award
American Elasmobranch Society
Grant amount: Up to US $500
Anticipated deadline: Apr 1, 2019 2:00pm PDT
Applicant type: Graduate Student Undergraduate Student
Funding uses: Conference
Membership: Applicants must be a member of this organization to apply. Become a member.
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: Anywhere in the worldView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The American Elasmobranch Society (AES) is committed to and proud of its student membership, and so supports and awards student research through multiple avenues.
Students presenting a contributed paper as a first or sole author during the AES meeting are invited to apply for financial assistance to attend the meeting. The committee strongly advises all students to seek out additional funding sources (e.g. departmental funds, etc.) to attend the meeting.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Applicants must be presenting.
- Students presenting a contributed paper must be first or sole author.
- All applicants MUST be members in good standing of AES and in at least their second year of membership.
- Funding is only awarded once per degree so please consider carefully whether you want to apply for funds at this time or wait to request funds for future meetings (e.g. those farther away from your institution).
- Students applying for a Travel award are required to volunteer for 5 hrs in the AES store.
- Any students applying/competing for multiple awards will only be required to volunteer for a maximum of 5 hrs.
- Travel awards are limited to 1 per academic degree, with a maximum of 2 per individual.
You must be a member of this organization to apply for this award - become a member. All applicants must be members in good standing of AES ( dues paid by December 31, 2016) and in at least their second year of membership.
- Assistance will be need-based (when funds are limiting and the society is not able to fund all applicants).
- In these instances priority will be given to students with completed research projects to present rather than preliminary analyses.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the AES Student Travel Award by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.