AFI Dreams Foundation Grants
American Family Insurance Dreams FoundationSuggest an update
Anticipated deadline: Feb 27, 2021 3:00pm PST (Letter of inquiry)
Grant amount: Approximately US $10,000
Fields of work: Education - K through 12 Education - Preschool / Early Learning Affordable Housing Supportive Housing & Shelters Food Security Food Delivery & Distribution Services Horticulture & Gardening Workforce Preparation & Job Readiness STEM Education Child Care Services Financial Literacy Early Childhood Development Art Education Academic Success & Enrichment Show all
Applicant type: Indigenous Group, Government Entity, Nonprofit
Funding uses: Training / Capacity Building, Project / Program, Education / Outreach
Location of project: Georgia, Arizona, Colorado, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, Nevada, North Dakota, Ohio, Oregon, South Dakota, Utah, Washington, Wisconsin Show all
Location of residency: Georgia, United States, Arizona, Colorado, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, Nevada, North Dakota, Ohio, Oregon, South Dakota, Utah, Washington, Wisconsin Show allView website Save
About this funder:
American Family Insurance Dreams Foundation
We believe that social impact doesn’t start or end with a check. So we focus on bringing our mission – to inspire, protect and restore dreams – to life in our communities. We do this by combining financial support with volunteerism, creativity and expertise. And that leads to greater accomplishments, collaboration and a better future for all.
Community Grants - American Family Insurance Dreams Foundation Grant Program
The American Family Insurance Dreams Foundation builds on our long-standing commitment and support of communities we serve by offering grants to eligible non-profit (501c3) organizations.
The Dreams Foundation grant funding priorities are Life Long Learning (wrap-around educational programming or employment access and opportunity) and Basic Needs (food security, housing, transportation and childcare), which align with our organizational mission.
With limited funds, the process is highly competitive, and we are only able to support a small portion of the total number of grant requests received. Please note, the average grant award is approximately $10,000 and we generally strive not to be the sole or majority funder of the total program/project budget.
Programs and services that provide access to education and empower individuals to take part in a diverse, sustainable and growing workforce. Specific areas of grant making focuses include:
- Wrap-around educational programming to Pre-K through college curriculum, including STEAM and early childhood development
- Employment Access and Opportunity through job training, financial literacy, and workforce readiness
Programs and services that remove barriers to short and/or long-term needs of individuals and families in order to provide a brighter future for all. Specific areas of grant making focuses include:
- Food Security through foodbanks and pantries, community gardens, and sustainable food sources
- Housing via emergency shelter, and long term stable housing
- Transportation and Daycare to pursue education and/or maintain employment
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- An organization must have current tax exempt status under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code and be located and offer programming in one of our 19 operating states (AZ, CO, GA, IA, ID, IL, IN, KS, MN, MO, NV, NE, OH, OR, ND, SD, WA, WI or UT).
- The Dreams Foundation grant funding does not support:
- Fundraising events and sponsorships
- Memorial grants
- Places of worship
- Scouting groups
- General operational support
- Capital campaigns or projects
- Lobbying, political or fraternal activities
- 501c3 organizations outside of our 19 operating states
- Grants may not be made to organizations that discriminate based on race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, or disability status.
Want to discover new grants?
See how we help our customers save time and find new funding by trying out Instrumentl for 14-days free or learn more.
“This is the best foundation match & grant tracking tool I've used in my many years of fundraising.”