AFS WA-BC Chapter: Student Travel Awards
American Fisheries SocietySuggest an update
Grant amount: Up to US $500
Anticipated deadline: Feb 1, 2020 5:00pm PST
Applicant type: Graduate Student Undergraduate Student
Funding uses: Conference
Membership: Applicants must be a member of this organization to apply. Become a member.
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: Canada, Washington
Must travel to: WashingtonView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The Washington - British Columbia Chapter of the American Fisheries Society (AFS WA-BC Chapter) is offering scholarships to attend our Annual General Meeting Scholarships are available to AFS WA-BC Chapter student members attending post-secondary educational institutions and pursuing degrees (bachelors, masters, doctorate) in fisheries and aquatic sciences or related fields.
AFS WA-BC Objectives and Purposes
- To prepare young men and women with an education in fisheries and aquatic sciences from institutions in Washington State, the Province of British Columbia, and the Pacific Northwest.
- To promote education that will assist in and encourage the conservation of natural resources and the appropriate management through training in accredited formal and vocational public and private schools in this geographic area.
- To further the education of applicants interested in promoting the wise use of the natural resources in the Pacific Northwest.
Scholarship awards are based generally on the financial need, scholarship capability, and activities of the applicant, and the objectives and purposes of the fund. This award can be used to help cover registration, travel and lodging expenses for the meeting. The total value of the travel award may be up to $500. Successful applicants must submit registration, travel and lodging receipts to the designated AFS WA-BC Chapter representative for reimbursement. It is also expected that the student will submit a brief summary of their experiences after the meeting, for inclusion in the chapter newsletter.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Scholarships are available to AFS WA-BC Chapter student members attending post-secondary educational institutions and pursuing degrees (bachelors, masters, doctorate) in fisheries and aquatic sciences or related fields.
You must be a member of this organization to apply for this award - become a member. Must be an AFS WA-BC chapter student member.
- Priority will be given to applicants who are presenting (oral or poster) at the meeting, and who have demonstrated an effort to minimize travel and lodging costs (e.g., carpooling, shared accommodation, etc).
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the AFS WA-BC Chapter: Student Travel Awards by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.