American Hemerocallis Society Student Research Grant
American Hemerocallis Society
Grant amount: US $5,000
Next deadline: Apr 1, 2018
Later deadlines: Sep 1, 2018
Applicant type: Undergraduate Student Graduate Student Faculty
Funding uses: Research
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: Anywhere in the worldView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The American Hemerocallis Society (AHS) is pleased to solicit applications for an AHS Student Research Grant from graduate or undergraduate students or faculty/staff using daylilies (plant genus Hemerocallis) as experimental organisms in original research project.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- All aspects of scientific research on Hemerocallis will be considered.
- Fundamental areas of investigation are encouraged; examples are:
- Banded chromosome preparations
- Gene mapping
- Fine structural studies of vegetative or reproductive parts
- Microscopic analysis of the ontogeny of flower scapes in the crown
- Effect of various hormones on plant growth and formation of proliferations on scapes
- Likewise, practical areas of study are encouraged, such as:
- Hardiness of various cultivars in different climatic zones
- Use of microtubule degradants (e.g., trifluralin, oryzalin, amiprophosmethyl) to produce polyploids
- Seed dormancy factors
- Pests and diseases (e.g., crown rot, spring sickness, bulb mites, gall midge, daylily rust).
- Student research will be given priority but all proposals will be given serious consideration.
- The American Hemerocallis Society (AHS) does not cover indirect costs for research grant proposals.
- It is our intention that all money granted should go directly to the specific research project funded.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the American Hemerocallis Society Student Research Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.