AIP Grants to Archives
American Institute of PhysicsSuggest an update
Grant amount: Up to US $10,000
Anticipated deadline: Oct 26, 2020
Applicant type: Museum/Library/Zoo
Funding uses: Project / Program
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: Anywhere in the worldView website Save
About this funder:
The purpose of this program is to assist and encourage archives to undertake significant projects to preserve, process, inventory, arrange, describe, or catalog collections in the history of modern physics and allied fields such as astronomy, geophysics, optics, and acoustics. The aim is to further historical understanding of science and the science community.
Grant funds can be used only to cover direct expenses connected with preserving, inventorying, arranging, describing, or cataloging appropriate collections. Funds may be used for digitization projects of appropriate scale and significance. Expenses may include archival materials and staff salaries/benefits but not equipment (computers, software, etc.) or overhead.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Eligibility is limited to archival projects in the history of modern physics and allied fields.
- All archival repositories in the U.S. and abroad may apply, including archives at universities, corporations, historical societies, government laboratories, etc.
- Preservation microfilming and preservation reformatting of original audio-visual sources are eligible.
- The program is offered annually as funds permit.
- We are specifically interested in increasing the money available to make original sources in our field accessible to researchers.
- Accordingly, applicants are strongly encouraged to obtain additional funds for the project, either from their parent institution or from outside sources such as local and state funding sources, national foundations, and government agencies.
- While no specific amount of matching money is required, we will give first priority to applications that include such new funds.
- Individuals are not eligible to apply.
- Work not covered by this program includes oral histories, book cataloging, and projects focusing on preservation of scientific data.
- Institutions that receive grants are not eligible to apply the following year but may reapply in later years.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the AIP Grants to Archives by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.