Frank M. Chapman Memorial Fund: Research Fellowship
American Museum of Natural History (AMNH)Suggest an update
Deadline: Nov 15, 2020
Grant amount: Approximately US $2,000
Fields of work: Ornithology
Applicant type: Postdoctoral Researcher
Funding uses: Fellowship
Location of project: New York
Location of residency: Anywhere in the worldView website Save
About this funder:
One and two year Fellowships are awarded for research in avian systematics, evolution, and biogeography to be performed in residence at the American Museum of Natural History. These grants include a stipend and a budget that depends on the nature of the research. These Fellowships are highly competitive and normally only one or two are awarded per year.
The American Museum offers resident Research Fellowships to postdoctoral researchers and established
scholars providing opportunities for advanced study in the fields of zoology, paleozoology, anthropology, earth
and planetary sciences and astrophysics. Appointments are made for up to two years.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Chapman Fellowships are normally awarded to recent recipients of a doctoral degree in avian systematics.
- However, such Fellowships are also occasionally available to senior researchers on sabbatical leave from their home institution.
- Fellowships are normally available only to persons holding doctoral degrees, although candidates with the equivalent of the doctorate in experience, training, and accomplishment may be considered.
- Fellowships are awarded for research in avian systematics, evolution, and biogeography to be performed in residence at the American Museum of Natural History.
- Normally, an applicant to this program must have prior discussions with one or more members of the Ornithology Department concerning the research project.
- The American Museum offers resident Research Fellowships to postdoctoral researchers and established scholars.
Want to discover new grants?
See how we help our customers save time and find new funding by trying out Instrumentl for 14-days free or learn more.
“This is the best foundation match & grant tracking tool I've used in my many years of fundraising.”