American Museum of Natural History (AMNH)Suggest an update
Grant amount: US $1,000 - US $3,000
Deadline: Nov 15, 2019
Applicant type: Graduate Student Postdoctoral Researcher
Funding uses: Research
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: Anywhere in the worldView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
The Frank M. Chapman Memorial Fund of the American Museum of Natural History was set up by Ms. Elsie M. B. Naumburg in memory of Dr. Chapman, a long-term Chairman of the Department of Ornithology at the Museum. Grants for research in several aspects of ornithology are supported by the Fund. A Committee composed of Curators in the Ornithology Department at the Museum, along with the Museum's Richard Gilder Graduate School and other representatives of the Museum and non-Museum communities, handles the administration of the Fund and the grants.
Modest short-term awards for research in ornithology are available to advanced graduate students (and occasionally to post-graduate researchers) for expenses associated with their research. These awards are highly competitive (recent success rates are approximately 30 percent; they average approximately $1,000, but occasionally are as large as $2,000-$3,000.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Grants are available only for research in ornithology.
- Grants are available for advanced graduate students (and occasionally to Postgraduate researchers) for expenses associated with their research.
- Awards are for one year.
- Priority for funding is given to grants investigating fundamental questions in evolutionary ornithological science
- Salaries and stipends are not funded.
- Wildlife management and other applied proposals are rarely funded.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Chapman Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.
Please wait while we load this grant.
Sorry, we're having trouble loading this grant.