American Museum of Natural History (AMNH)Suggest an update
Grant amount: US $1,000 - US $3,000
Anticipated deadline: Nov 15, 2019
Applicant type: Graduate Student Postdoctoral Researcher
Funding uses: Research
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: Anywhere in the worldView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The Frank M. Chapman Memorial Fund of the American Museum of Natural History was set up by Ms. Elsie M. B. Naumburg in memory of Dr. Chapman, a long-term Chairman of the Department of Ornithology at the Museum. Grants for research in several aspects of ornithology are supported by the Fund.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Grants are available only for research in ornithology.
- Grants are available for advanced graduate students (and occasionally to Postgraduate researchers) for expenses associated with their research.
- Awards are for one year.
- Priority for funding is given to grants investigating
fundamental questions in evolutionary ornithological science
- The following are NOT supported:
- permanent equipment,
- salary for principal investigator,
- conference or meeting costs,
- salary, expenses or travel for a field assistant.
- Wildlife management and other applied proposals are rarely funded.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Chapman Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.