AOS Student and Postdoctoral Travel Awards
American Ornithological SocietySuggest an update
Grant amount: Unspecified amount
Anticipated deadline: Feb 15, 2020 2:00pm PST
Applicant type: Undergraduate Student Graduate Student Postdoctoral Researcher
Funding uses: Conference
Membership: Applicants must be a member of this organization to apply. Become a member.
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: Anywhere in the world
Must travel to: Anchorage Municipality, Alaska
Degree requirements: Applicants must be within a few years of receiving their PhDView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
AOS provides travel awards for students (undergraduate, masters, and doctoral) as well as postdocs to help defray expenses to attend our annual meeting. These awards are administered by the Student & Postdoc Travel and Presentation Awards Committee.
Travel Awards In Support of Diversity & Inclusion
As part of our ongoing efforts to foster a diverse and inclusive community, AOS is proud offer additional travel awards supporting individuals from underrepresented groups and/or those who have made significant contributions towards fostering a diverse and inclusive community. Membership in AOS is not required to be eligible for these awards. Students and post-docs (as described above) that wish to be considered for these awards should select the appropriate option in the application process.
Applicants for travel awards under the auspices of diversity and inclusion may also apply for the general travel awards; however, to receive a regular travel award you mush be a student member of AOS as described above. Awardees will not be able to receive funding for both.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- To be eligible for an award, a student must present an oral or poster presentation and must be the sole author or presenting author on co-authored presentations.
- Student applicants need not be members when they apply; however, awardees must be AOS members in order to receive their awards.
- Post-doc applicants must be a members of AOS when they apply and be generally ineligible for institutional student travel awards (e.g., graduated more than a semester prior to the meeting).
- Students between degree-seeking programs who intend to re-enter a degree program in the future may also apply for these awards.
You must be a member of this organization to apply for this award - become a member. Students and postdocs must be an active member of AOS. Those who are not members currently are encouraged to join!
- Postdocs are not eligible for Marcia Brady Tucker Travel Awards if they graduated more than a semester prior to the meeting. However, postdocs who have previously won Marcia Brady Tucker Travel awards may apply for AOS Postdoctoral Travel Awards.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the AOS Student and Postdoctoral Travel Awards by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.
Please wait while we load this grant.
Sorry, we're having trouble loading this grant.