AOS Student and Postdoctoral Travel Awards
American Ornithologists' Union
Grant amount: Unspecified amount
Deadline: Feb 15, 2019 1:00pm PST
Applicant type: Undergraduate Student Graduate Student Postdoctoral Researcher
Funding uses: Conference
Membership: Applicants must be a member of this organization to apply. Become a member.
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: Anywhere in the world
Must travel to: Anchorage Municipality, Alaska
Degree requirements: Applicants must be within a few years of receiving their PhDView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The American Ornithological Society (AOS) offers travel awards for students and/or postdocs to help defray transportation expenses to attend the annual meeting of the society. Separate awards were offered previously by the American Ornithologists' Union and Cooper Ornithological Society, which merged in 2016 to form AOS.
The deadline for travel award applications is same as for presentation awards and regular abstract submission. Awards are contingent on acceptance of the scientific abstract by the Scientific Program Committee. Students may apply for both a travel award and a presentation award in the same year.
The meeting of the American Ornithological Society will be held in Anchorage, AK from June 24-June 28 2019. Details forthcoming and can be found on the official meeting website.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Currently enrolled students (including undergraduates) and recent graduates presenting a poster or oral paper at the annual meeting may be eligible for a travel award.
- Postdocs who graduated more than one semester prior to the meeting may apply for a Postdoctoral Travel Award.
- All applicants also must submit a regular scientific abstract through the meeting website.
- Students and postdocs must be the sole or lead author of a poster or oral paper presented at the annual meeting.
- Students and postdocs must be an active member of AOS. Those who are not members currently are encouraged to join!
- Students must be enrolled full-time or recently graduated. Students graduating the semester prior to the meeting are also eligible for travel awards.
You must be a member of this organization to apply for this award - become a member. Students and postdocs must be an active member of AOS. Those who are not members currently are encouraged to join!
- Postdocs are not eligible for Marcia Brady Tucker Travel Awards if they graduated more than a semester prior to the meeting. However, postdocs who have previously won Marcia Brady Tucker Travel awards may apply for AOS Postdoctoral Travel Awards.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the AOS Student and Postdoctoral Travel Awards by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.