ASF Program Grants
American Savings FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: Up to US $75,000
Next deadline: Jan 17, 2020
Later deadlines: Apr 10, 2020, Jul 17, 2020
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Project / Program
Location of project: Counties in Connecticut: Hartford County, New Haven County
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
American Savings Foundation
American Savings Foundation is a permanent charitable endowment which provides grants to local nonprofit organizations, in addition to college scholarships to area students. The Foundation is a broad-based funder dedicated to improving the quality of life for the residents of the communities we serve. This is our lasting commitment.
The Foundation is a broad-based funder, with a special emphasis on the needs of children, youth and families. Our general funding priorities are Education, Human Services and Arts & Culture. These are not rigid categories, and many of our grants overlap more than one. We focus on direct service programs that help those with highest need, and where our funding can make a direct, measurable impact. Our Grant History helps grantseekers understand our priorities.
Program Grants - What We Fund
The American Savings Foundation is a broad-based funder with a special emphasis on the needs of children, youth and families. Our three priorities areas are education, human services and arts & culture. With a primary focus in New Britain and Waterbury, program grants support direct services where our funding can make a measurable impact, especially for those with the greatest need.
The Foundation considers support for established programs that have been demonstrated to make a meaningful difference in the community and in the lives of those they serve. We also consider funding for new, innovative programs that fill an unmet need in the community, and where there is evidence of broad local support. We are interested in funding collaborative programs, and also in providing matching funds to leverage new dollars into the community.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- We make a grant to a specific program only once in a 12 month period, and renewals are never automatic.
- Typically, we fund only one program at an agency in a given year.
- Organization must be tax exempt under IRS section 501(c)(3).
- Requests may include administrative overhead. We do not have a set formula; however, we apply an industry rule-of-thumb of about 10-15%.
- Multi-year program grant commitments are not made.
- Ineligible for funding:
- Political advocacy and lobbying
- Religious institutions, except for non-sectarian activities that benefit the community at-large
- Annual campaigns
- Endowment funds
- Travel (e.g. sports teams, field trips).
- Event sponsorships (e.g. golf, galas)
- Private Foundations
- Also, because the Foundation operates a large college scholarship program (see Scholarships), it does not provide funding for scholarship programs operated by schools or other nonprofit organizations.
- With very few exceptions, we do not fund:
- General operating support or unrestricted grants
- We consider the term "general operating support" to refer to "unrestricted grants", which we will not provide. We only fund direct service programs.
- Primary or secondary schools—public, private independent, or parochial—or colleges and universities
- Funding to replace municipal, state or federal funding
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the ASF Program Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.
Please wait while we load this grant.
Sorry, we're having trouble loading this grant.