ASCB Early Career Meeting Grant
American Society for Cell Biology
Grant amount: Up to US $1,500
Anticipated deadline: Jan 17, 2019
Applicant type: Graduate Student Postdoctoral Researcher
Funding uses: Conference
Membership: Applicants must be a member of this organization to apply. Become a member.
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: Anywhere in the worldView website Save Need help writing this grant?
Early Career Meeting Grants (formerly ASCB Local Meetings) are awarded to select ASCB graduate student and postdoc members looking to organize a small meeting that benefits their local cell biology community. ASCB wishes to contribute to the career development of graduate students and postdocs by providing them with resources to organize a successful scientific meeting that will in turn benefit the meeting’s attendees. The goal is to locally promote scientific education, collaboration, communication, and advancement.
Topics can range from basic science to career development (if a need is defined), as long as there is clear relevance to the broadly defined field of cell biology.
- ASCB funding up to $1,500
- Advertising for the meeting on the ASCB website and in the newsletter
- Code for 50% off ASCB membership for your attendees
- Emails sent from ASCB to targeted audience (if requested, maximum of two; content provided by you, edited by ASCB)
- A pdf flyer (if requested)
- A registration page (if requested)
Successful Applications Include:
- Opportunities for students and postdocs to present
- New applicants/organizers (particularly for repeat meetings)
- Innovative programming that aligns with ASCB’s mission and scientific focus
- Institutional diversity of organizers, if in a research-dense area (e.g., San Francisco, Boston)
- Maximal diversity among speakers in gender and race
- Geographical need
- Detailed budget that reports funding and/or in-kind donations already received and/or pending
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- All organizers must be graduate students or postdocs at the time application is submitted (institutional diversity is encouraged).
- There must be a minimum of two co-organizers, with a maximum of four.
You must be a member of this organization to apply for this award - become a member. All organizers must be ASCB members at the time the application is submitted.
- Grant money cannot be used on any of the following:
- Facility maintenance
- Speaker fees/honoraria
- Indirect costs
- Applications will not be accepted if:
- Organizers are not current ASCB members
- Organizers are not graduate students or postdocs
- A need for the meeting is not defined
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the ASCB Early Career Meeting Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.