Artist and Education Grants
American Society of Botanical ArtistsSuggest an update
Grant amount: US $3,000
Deadline: Aug 1, 2020 8:59pm PDT
Applicant type: Artist
Funding uses: Scholarship, Education / Outreach, Project / Program, Training / Capacity Building
Membership: Applicants must be a member of this organization to apply. Become a member.
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: Anywhere in the worldView website Save
About this funder:
To provide a thriving, interactive community dedicated to perpetuating the tradition and contemporary practice of botanical art.
Botanical art will be considered a significant, relevant, and respected contributor to 21st century art, recognized for its unique power to educate, promote ecological awareness and enrich our lives.
The ASBA may offer up to two grants per year:
$3,000 Anne Ophelia Dowden Grant
$3,000 Julius Brown Grant
The available pool of monies and number of grants may vary from year to year, which will be determined by the ASBA Board of Directors.
Proposals most likely to receive serious consideration should include:
- Goals and/or objectives related to the observation and scientifically accurate portrayal of plants.
- A focus on specific techniques for portraying plants, botanical art history or appreciation.
- Educational materials developed in conjunction with the activity accessible to the public for the benefit and promotion of botanical art.
- Goals or objectives related to the personal development of an artist that include aspects to be shared with others.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Must have not received an ASBA grant in the last two years.
- Groups may apply but the majority of the group including the leader must be a current ASBA member.
- Or, the applicant may apply with a non-ASBA partner, such as a botanist or director of a conservancy.
You must be a member of this organization to apply for this award - become a member. All members who have belonged to ASBA for two full years by the August 1 deadline are eligible to apply for grant funding.
- Previous grant recipients must wait two years to reapply, e.g. if you receive funding in October of 2015, you may not apply again until August of 2017.
- ASBA does not fund salaries.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Artist and Education Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.