Botany Advocacy Leadership Grant
Botanical Society of America
Grant amount: US $1,000
Deadline: Mar 15, 2018
Applicant type: Individuals
Funding uses: Conference, Education / Outreach
Membership: Applicants must be a member of this organization to apply. Become a member.
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: Anywhere in the worldView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The Botanical Society of America (BSA) and the American Society of Plant Taxonomists (ASPT) are pleased to invite applications for the annual Botany Advocacy Leadership Grant. This grant aims to provide financial support to carry out efforts that contribute to shaping public policy on issues relevant to plant sciences.
Examples of such efforts include:
- Founding or expanding a native plant society or enhancing its activities
- Leading campaigns or holding events that spread awareness of plant-related public policy issues (e.g., conservation of native species, control of invasives, land use management)
- Organizing local plant conservation events such as removal of invasive species, planting a native garden, or restoration of native communities
- Traveling to meet with local, state, or regional representatives to lobby for legislation or other initiatives that benefit plant conservation, plant science research and education, or collections.
The recipient of this grant will receive $1000 and will be recognized at the annual Botany meetings during the awards ceremony.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
You must be a member of this organization to apply for this award - become a member. All active members of BSA and ASPT are eligible to apply.
- The funds may not be applied to indirect costs.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Botany Advocacy Leadership Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.