Fund for the Advancement of the Discipline Grant
American Sociological Association
Grant amount: Up to US $8,000
Next deadline: Dec 15, 2018 8:59pm PST
Later deadlines: Jun 15, 2019 8:59pm PDT
Applicant type: Faculty Postdoctoral Researcher
Funding uses: Conference, Research
Membership: Applicants must be a member of this organization to apply. Become a member.
Location of project: United States
Location of residency: Anywhere in the worldView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The American Sociological Association invites submissions for the Fund for the Advancement of the Discipline (FAD) awards. Supported by the American Sociological Association through a matching grant from the National Science Foundation, the goal of this project is to nurture the development of scientific knowledge by funding small, groundbreaking research initiatives and other important scientific research activities such as conferences.
FAD awards provide scholars with “seed money" for innovative research that has the potential for challenging the discipline, stimulating new lines of research, and creating new networks of scientific collaboration. The award is intended to provide opportunities for substantive and methodological breakthroughs, broaden the dissemination of scientific knowledge, and provide leverage for acquisition of additional research funds
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Principal investigators (PI) and co-PI(s) must have a PhD or equivalent.
- The most frequent use of FAD money is to fund research assistants.
- Budgets that include purchases of laptop computers or other hardware will be carefully reviewed.
- While ASA membership is not a criterion for applying or being selected for this award, if and when an award is received, the recipient must be a current ASA member.
You must be a member of this organization to apply for this award - become a member. While ASA membership is not a criterion for applying or being selected for this award, if and when an award is received, the recipient must be a current ASA member. ASA membership involves acceptance of and adherence to the ASA Code of Ethics, which is critical to the implementation of the funded project.
- Preference is given to applicants who have not previously received a FAD award.
- No institutional overhead can be charged.
- Award money may not be used for ASA convention expenses, honoraria, or PI’s salary, which includes buying out of courses.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Fund for the Advancement of the Discipline Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.