American Vineyard Foundation Research Grant
American Vineyard Foundation
Grant amount: US $18,000 - US $155,000
Anticipated deadline: Jan 31, 2019
Applicant type: Postdoctoral Researcher Unaffiliated Researcher
Funding uses: Research
Location of project: California
Location of residency: Anywhere in the worldView website Save Need help writing this grant?
- attempt to solve viticulture and enological problems
- improve grape and wine quality
- focus on sustainable strategies and
- provide pathways for dissemination of research results to the wine community.
- Consideration of objectives in research proposals that contain a budgeted information transfer component (principal Investigators may consider inclusion of extension educators as coPI’s or cooperators)
- A separate review category for projects that are specifically designed to address education and outreach needs
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- We encourage researchers to develop proposals that address the most current research priorities.
- Eligible costs:
- AVF Equipment Purchase Policy: The American Vineyard Foundation has established a policy, subject to revision in future research proposal requests (RFP's), addressing the use of AVF funds for the purchase of analytical equipment valued at $5,000 or more based on the following criteria:
- The request for the purchase of equipment must be directly linked with research proposals or priorities supported by the AVF.
- The equipment must be available to multiple users and said equipment users must be identified and their use of the equipment explained in accompanying letters of support.
- Should the AVF approve one or more proposals requesting the purchase of equipment, the AVF will match funds contributed by a researcher or institution up to $25,000 pursuant to the documentation of available matching funds by the requesting entity.
- Should the AVF approve an equipment purchase and the matching researcher or institutional funds are subsequently not available, the AVF's funding of said purchase shall be withdrawn.
- Should the researcher desire to purchase a specific piece of equipment required for a research project also submitted to the AVF for funding, the request for the purchase of said equipment shall be submitted as a separate and stand alone project.
- The AVF does not pay overhead.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the American Vineyard Foundation Research Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.