Amgen Foundation: Equipment Donations
Grant amount: Unspecified amount in in-kind support
Applicant type: Nonprofit College / University Museum/Library/Zoo
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: United States, Puerto RicoView website Save Need help writing this grant?
Since 1995, Amgen has donated equipment and supplies to schools and nonprofits as part of the company’s ongoing effort to advance science education and support local communities. At the same time, recycling outdated equipment that is still in good working condition helps the company further advance our environmental initiatives by reducing unnecessary waste.
Public schools and nonprofit organizations are continually trying to deliver on their missions with limited budgets. As a result, essential equipment for educational curriculum is often too costly and inaccessible to the schools and organizations that need it most.
Below are examples of equipment and supplies that are periodically available from Amgen for donation. Availability, location and quantities are not guaranteed and can vary.
- Lab equipment including incubators, hoods, water baths, freezer/refrigerators, and high performance liquid chromatography (HPLC) components.
- Lab glassware, lab coats, stationery supplies, racking, plastic bottles and other various lab-specific consumables.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- This program is currently applicable to North America and Puerto Rico only;
- Qualified Recipients must meet one of these criteria to be considered eligible for equipment donations.
- Schools (Elementary, Middle, and High School), Colleges (Community and Trade) or Universities that qualify as political subdivisions of a State of a U. S. possession, but only if the donation is made for exclusively public purposes.
- Charitable organizations that are created or organized in the U.S. or in any U.S. possession that are exempt from federal income tax under Internal Revenue Code Sections 501(c)(3) or 501(c)(4), but only if the donation is to be used exclusively within the U.S. or a U.S. possession exclusion for charitable, scientific, literary, or educational purposes.
- Organizations that discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran or disability statuses are ineligible for this program.
- Health Care Providers are not eligible to participate in the program.
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Amgen Foundation: Equipment Donations by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.