AMS Freshman Undergraduate Scholarship
American Meteorological Society (AMS)Suggest an update
Grant amount: US $5,000
Anticipated deadline: Feb 7, 2021
Applicant type: High School Student
Funding uses: Scholarship
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: United States
Location of citizenship: United StatesView website Save
About this funder:
The American Meteorological Society is pleased to announce the AMS Freshman Undergraduate Scholarship program, open to all high school students and designed to encourage study in the atmospheric and related sciences. Serving as a unique example of various sectors of our field joining together to support young, talented minds, the scholarships are being sponsored by partners in industry, as well as through named scholarships either established by an AMS member or in memory of someone. The sponsors of these scholarships have all recognized the importance in encouraging young people to enter into the atmospheric and related sciences and thus have made generous contributions in support of the AMS Freshman Undergraduate Scholarship Program.
The Society encourages applications from women, minorities, and disabled students, traditionally underrepresented in the atmospheric and related oceanic and hydrologic sciences.
The scholarship stipend is $5000, awarding $2500 each year (for the freshman and sophomore years). The second-year funding is dependent on successful completion of the first year.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Applicants must be U.S. citizens or hold permanent resident status.
- Applicants must be entering their freshman year of college in the fall of 2020-2019 as a full-time student and plan to pursue a degree in the atmospheric or related oceanic or hydrologic sciences.
- Marine biology does not meet this requirement.
- Applicants must have a GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- This application requires that you enter test scores for both SAT and ACT. However, if you have taken only one of these standardized tests enter zero "0" in the answer box in order to complete your application
- Marine biology does not meet the requirement of an eligible area of study.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the AMS Freshman Undergraduate Scholarship by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.