AMS Minority Scholarships
American Meteorological Society (AMS)
Grant amount: US $6,000
Anticipated deadline: Feb 2, 2019
Applicant type: High School Student
Funding uses: Scholarship
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: United States
Location of citizenship: United States
Exclusive to minorities: YesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The AMS Minority Scholarships will award funding to minority students who have been traditionally underrepresented in the sciences, especially Hispanic, Native American, and Black/African American students. Funding for the scholarships is provided by industry and through donations made by members to the AMS Giving Program.
The $6,000 two-year scholarship is for $3000 per year during freshman and sophomore years (second-year funding depends on successful completion of the first academic year).
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Applicants must be U.S. citizens or hold permanent resident status.
- Minority students who will be entering their freshman year of college in the fall of 2017 are eligible to apply.
- Students must plan to pursue careers in the atmospheric or related oceanic and hydrologic sciences.
- Students eligible to apply for the AMS Minority Scholarship Program may also apply to the AMS Freshman Scholarship Program but can only accept one scholarship if selected for both.
- Marine Biology is not eligible.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the AMS Minority Scholarships by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.