AMS Minority Scholarships
American Meteorological Society (AMS)Suggest an update
Grant amount: US $6,000
Anticipated deadline: Feb 14, 2021
Applicant type: High School Student
Funding uses: Scholarship
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: United States
Location of citizenship: United States
Exclusive to minorities: YesView website Save
About this funder:
The AMS Minority Scholarships will award funding to minority students who have been traditionally underrepresented in the sciences, especially Hispanic, Native American, and Black/African American students. Funding for the scholarships is provided by industry and through donations made by members to the AMS 100th Anniversary Program. The American Meteorological Society (AMS) is committed to, and benefits from the full and equitable participation of a diverse community. AMS is committed to advancing core values of diversity, inclusion, and equity across all aspects of the atmospheric, oceanic, and hydrologic sciences.
The Society encourages applications from women, minorities, and disabled students, traditionally underrepresented in the atmospheric and related oceanic and hydrologic sciences.
The $6,000 two-year scholarship is for $3000 per year during freshman and sophomore years (second-year funding depends on successful completion of the first academic year).
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Applicants must be U.S. citizens or hold permanent resident status.
- Minority students who will be entering their freshman year of college in the fall of 2020 of application year are eligible to apply.
- Students must plan to pursue careers in the atmospheric or related oceanic and hydrologic sciences.
- Students eligible to apply for the AMS Minority Scholarship Program may also apply to the AMS Freshman Scholarship Program but can only accept one scholarship if selected for both.
- Marine Biology is not eligible.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the AMS Minority Scholarships by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.