AMS Senior Named Scholarships
American Meteorological Society (AMS)Suggest an update
Grant amount: US $2,000 - US $10,000
Anticipated deadline: Feb 21, 2021
Applicant type: Undergraduate Student
Funding uses: Scholarship, Conference
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: United States
Location of citizenship: United States
Minimum GPA: 3.25View website Save
About this funder:
The American Meteorological Society (AMS) administers an array of
graduate fellowships and undergraduate scholarships with the support of
its members, corporations, and government agencies nationwide. The
fellowships and scholarships help further the education of outstanding
graduate and undergraduate students pursuing a career in the atmospheric
and related oceanic or hydrologic sciences.
The American Meteorological Society (AMS) administers senior undergraduate scholarships established in memory of a loved one or to honor an individual’s contributions to the sciences. These scholarships are intended to help further the education of outstanding students who are pursuing degrees in the atmospheric and related oceanic or hydrologic sciences.
All scholarships are awarded on the basis of academic excellence; some have a particular focus appropriate to the named Honoree. In addition to the scholarship awarded, winners are invited to attend the AMS Annual Meeting with partial support (complimentary registration and hotel, no travel cost included) in their senior year.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Applicants must be entering their final year of undergraduate study in the fall of 2020 and provide evidence of acceptance as a full-time student at an accredited U.S. institution at the time of the award.
- Applicants must be pursuing a degree in the atmospheric or related sciences.
- Applicants must have a minimum grade point average of 3.25 on a 4.0-point scale.
- Applicants must be U.S. citizens or hold permanent resident status.
- No age restriction exists.
- The Society encourages applications from women, minorities, and disabled
students, traditionally underrepresented in the atmospheric and related
oceanic and hydrologic sciences.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the AMS Senior Named Scholarships by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.