AMS Student Travel Grants
American Meteorological Society (AMS)Suggest an update
Grant amount: Unspecified amount
Next deadline: Feb 21, 2020
Later deadlines: Mar 13, 2020, Apr 24, 2020, May 8, 2020, Aug 7, 2020
Applicant type: Undergraduate Student Graduate Student
Funding uses: Conference
Membership: Applicants must be a member of this organization to apply. Become a member.
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
Founded in 1919, the American Meteorological Society (AMS) is the nation’s premier scientific and professional organization promoting and disseminating information about the atmospheric, oceanic, hydrologic sciences. Our more than 13,000 members include scientists, researchers, educators, broadcast meteorologists, students, weather enthusiasts, and other professionals in the fields of weather, water, and climate.
AMS is committed to strengthening the incredible work being done across the public, private, and academic sectors. Our community knows that collaboration and information sharing are critical to ensuring that society benefits from the best, most current scientific knowledge and understanding available.
AMS recognizes the considerable benefit that students can gain from attending conferences even if they are not presenting a paper and wants to encourage interactions between students and other conference attendees.
The grant will cover round trip air travel (within North America) to the meeting, hotel room and tax (the recipient of a grant is responsible for meals and any extra charges on the hotel bill), and conference registration fee (excluding student conference and short courses). Students may be asked to share a room with one or two other awardees at the discretion of AMS.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Available to active 2019 AMS student members and members with student privileges who are senior undergraduate and graduate students.
- Awarded to students who are not presenting a paper at the conference. (Note: This restriction does not apply to presentations at the Student Conference.)
- A student can receive no more than one travel grant award per calendar year; this includes the AMS Specialty Conference Travel Grant Program.
You must be a member of this organization to apply for this award - become a member. Travel grants are available to AMS student members and members with student privileges.
- Potential candidates cannot be a presenter.
- A student can receive no more than one travel grant award per calendar year, and may not apply for more than two meetings per calendar year, and not more than one conference per meeting (with the annual meeting counting as a single meeting).
- i.e., a student applies for travel grant to the annual meeting and receives an award, that student is not eligible to apply for another conference within the calendar year.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the AMS Student Travel Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.