AMS Student Travel Grants
American Meteorological Society (AMS)
Grant amount: Unspecified amount
Next deadline: Jun 15, 2018
Later deadlines: Aug 31, 2018, Apr 13, 2019, Apr 20, 2019, May 4, 2019, May 18, 2019
Applicant type: Undergraduate Student Graduate Student
Funding uses: Conference
Membership: Applicants must be a member of this organization to apply. Become a member.
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
Founded in 1919, the American Meteorological Society (AMS) is the nation’s premier scientific and professional organization promoting and disseminating information about the atmospheric, oceanic, hydrologic sciences. Our more than 13,000 members include scientists, researchers, educators, broadcast meteorologists, students, weather enthusiasts, and other professionals in the fields of weather, water, and climate.
AMS is committed to strengthening the incredible work being done across the public, private, and academic sectors. Our community knows that collaboration and information sharing are critical to ensuring that society benefits from the best, most current scientific knowledge and understanding available.
Travel grants are available for senior undergraduate and graduate students to attend AMS meetings held in the U.S. or Canada. AMS recognizes the considerable benefit that students can gain from attending conferences even if they are not presenting a paper. AMS wants to encourage interactions between students and other conference attendees. To this end, travel grants will be awarded to students who are not presenting a paper at the conference.
AMS Meetings with Student Travel Grants:
- 29th Conference on Weather Analysis and Forecasting (WAF)/25th Conference on Numerical Weather Prediction (NWP) - 04-08 JUNE 2018, DENVER, CO
- Travel Grant Deadline: 13 April 2018
- 23rd Symposium on Boundary Layers and Turbulence/21st Conference on Air-Sea Interaction - 11-15 JUNE 2018 OKLAHOMA CITY, OK
- Travel Grant Deadline: 20 April 2018 (For Boundary Layers and Turbulence Only)
- 15th Conference on Cloud Physics/15th Conference on Atmospheric Radiation - 9 – 13 JULY 2018, VANCOUVER, BC
- Travel Grant Deadline: 18 May 2018 (For Cloud Physics Only)
- 18th Conference on Mountain Meteorology - 25 – 29 JUNE 2018, SANTA FE, NEW MEXICO
- Travel Grant Deadline: 4 May 2018
- 10th International Conference on Urban Climate/14th Symposium on the Urban Environment - 6-10 AUGUST 2018, NEW YORK, NY
- Travel Grant Deadline: 15 June 2018
- 29th Conference on Severe Local Storms - 22-26 OCTOBER 2018, STOWE, VT
- Travel Grant Deadline: 31 August 2018
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Travel grants are available for senior undergraduate and graduate students to attend AMS meetings held in the U.S. or Canada.
- Travel grants will be awarded to students who are not presenting a paper at the conference.
- The grant will cover round trip air travel (within North America) to the meeting, hotel room and tax (the recipient of a grant is responsible for meals and any extra charges on the hotel bill), and conference registration fee (excluding student conference and short courses).
You must be a member of this organization to apply for this award - become a member. Travel grants are available to AMS student members and members with student privileges.
- Potential candidates cannot be a presenter.
- A student can receive no more than one travel grant award per calendar year, and may not apply for more than two meetings per calendar year, and not more than one conference per meeting (with the annual meeting counting as a single meeting).
- i.e., a student applies for travel grant to the annual meeting and receives an award, that student is not eligible to apply for another conference within the calendar year.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the AMS Student Travel Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.