Animal Assistance Foundation Grants
Animal Assistance Foundation
Grant amount: Unspecified amount
Next anticipated deadline: Sep 1, 2018 (Letter of inquiry)
Later anticipated deadlines: Sep 29, 2018 (Full proposal)
Applicant type: Nonprofit College / University
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, General Operating Expense, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Colorado
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
Our mission is to support and enhance the five freedoms for companion animals in the state of Colorado through impactful and innovative grant making.
Our vision is a statewide community where all companion animals are free from hunger and thirst; free from discomfort; free from pain, injury and disease; free to express normal behavior; and free from fear and distress – the five freedoms.
There is no standard or recommended amount for a grant request. AAF does not have a limit on the amount of money an organization is able to request. We suggest you request a grant for the amount to match the size and scope of your project and the need you are addressing. We expect that your grant application will clearly define this with facts and numbers and that your request will match the outcomes you are trying to achieve. What we ask from you is that you are (a) realistic in the capabilities of your organization and (b) honest about the strengths and weaknesses of your capabilities. We may scale the amount we actually grant to your organization but we don’t need you to scale the amount you request.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Grant applicants must:
- Be a unit of government, or recognized as a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization, or an organization with a 501(c)(3) Fiscal Sponsor.
- Be located in Colorado or having a direct impact on animals and their owners in Colorado;
- Be proposing an activity compatible with the Foundation’s mission.
- Provide (if you are required to be licensed by the Pet Care Facilities Act) a copy of your current PACFA license and your PACFA statistics for the most recent year
- Embrace the principles of non-divisive language
- Utilize only positive reinforcement training and behavior methods
- You can apply for a grant whenever you have a need for one. We do not require a mandatory rest period or off cycle.
- In considering grant requests, AAF seeks proposals that:
- Demonstrate collaboration and resource sharing within the community.
- Offer innovative ideas that support the five freedoms for companion animals.
- Demonstrate a high potential for self-sufficiency and sustainability.
- Have the potential for maximum impact.
- Improve animal welfare in Colorado.
- We do not fund:
- Pass through organizations
- For profit agencies
- Private individuals or pets of individuals
- Grants for long-term funding, endowment funds, political campaigns, or retirement of debt
- Groups designated by the IRS as Type III supporting organizations are not eligible to apply
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Animal Assistance Foundation Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.