Animal Welfare Organization Grants
Animal Welfare Foundation of Canada (AWFC)
Grant amount: US $1,000 - US $20,000
Anticipated deadline: Sep 30, 2018
Applicant type: College / University
Funding uses: Conference, Education / Outreach, Research
Location of project: Canada
Location of residency: CanadaView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The Animal Welfare Foundation of Canada (AWFC) is looking to fund innovative projects that fulfill our Vision: that animals be well-cared for, are treated with respect, and that an enlightened ethic of animal care be fostered.
Our mission is to improve the lives of animals by effecting a change in the Canadian mindset and culture to place a priority on respect for the needs (physical, psychological, and behavioural) of all animals kept by people for research, education, agriculture, and companionship, and to reduce harms to wildlife caused by human activity.
Project outcomes should:
- improve and advance animal welfare policies and practices
- increase public awareness, understanding and engagement in key animal welfare issues and solutions
- enhance and protect the well-being and habitats of domestic, farm and/or wild animals
The AWFC funds a wide variety of animal welfare programs and projects. These have included:
- animal welfare research projects
- public outreach initiatives to raise awareness about specific animal welfare issues
- development of farm animal welfare standards and regulations
- creation of a database of legislative and judicial rulings concerning animal cruelty cases
- online humane education content for school children; promotional initiatives to protect wildlife
- education kits concerning wildlife in captivity
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- The AWFC financially supports student animal welfare clubs at Canada’s veterinary colleges and at other Canadian universities and colleges.
- We also support public lectures concerning animal welfare at Canadian universities and colleges.
- Preference will be given to projects that have a national impact, or where learning outcomes can be shared nationally with similar organizations.
- We will also give preference to projects that have significant impact but have difficulty in attracting donor funding.
- What we do not fund:
- Event sponsorship
- Bursaries and scholarships
- Operational expenses (one-time or on-going)
- Costs for projects that have commenced or were completed prior to application
- Capital campaigns/expenses or building/shelter infrastructure costs
- Financing costs (debt retirement or reserves, mortgage pay-downs)
- Veterinary or direct animal care expenses
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Animal Welfare Organization Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.