Annenberg Foundation Grant
The Annenberg Foundation
Grant amount: US $10,000 - US $100,000
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, General Operating Expense, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Counties in California: Los Angeles County, Orange County, Riverside County, San Bernardino County, Ventura County
Location of residency: Preferred: Counties in California: Los Angeles County, Orange County, Riverside County, San Bernardino County, Ventura County Other eligible locations: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The Annenberg Foundation invests in visionary leaders of nonprofit organizations that provide impactful programs and services through collaborative models. As a grantmaker, the Annenberg Foundation is willing to take measured risks with a tolerance for occasional failure to seek out and fund outstanding people and organizations. We understand the value of going beyond traditional grantmaking and are open to innovative ways to leverage our grant funds, as well as to flexible funding options for grassroots or emerging nonprofits.
Great leadership makes a difference. That’s why investing in the nonprofit sector’s most precious asset--its people--is among the Annenberg Foundation’s highest priorities.
The Foundation generally awards grants in the following programmatic areas:
- Arts, Culture & Humanities
- Civic & Community Development
- Human Health & Wellness
- Some consideration is also given to the areas of Animal Welfare and Military Veterans
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations serving the five-county region of Great Los Angeles that are well-integrated into the fabric of the communities they serve.
- The Annenberg Foundation places the highest priority on nonprofits working with underserved constituents in the Los Angeles, Ventura, Orange, Riverside, and San Bernardino Counties (see map).
- Agencies who serve the Greater LA region but are headquartered elsewhere can apply for a grant.
- Consideration is given to organizations or projects that have been operating for at least three (3) years.
- Equal consideration is given to applications for awards for general operations or program support.
- Typically, general operating support grants are not greater than ten percent of the total organization budget.
- Returning grantees are eligible to reapply for funding after the current grant period ends, and the final report is submitted to and approved by the Foundation.
- The Foundation does not consider support to organizations, initiatives, or projects that fall outside of Los Angeles, Ventura, Orange, Riverside and San Bernardino Counties, including national or international requests.
- What we don't fund:
- Capital campaigns / Building construction and equipment
- Multi-year commitments
- Grants to individuals
- Grants to school districts, individual schools, universities or hospitals
- Grants to public agencies
- Grants to faith-based or religious organizations that proselytize
- Grants for one-time events, conferences, festivals, concerts, workshops, or summer camps
- Grants for research, film projects, media, and publications
- Grants for start-ups or support for new projects in the LA region.
- Grants that fall outside the guidelines set by the Board of Directors
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Annenberg Foundation Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.