Annual Main Grant Funding Cycle
New Canaan Community FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: US $5,000 - US $10,000
Anticipated deadline: Oct 19, 2019 (Letter of inquiry)
Applicant type: Indigenous Group Government Entity College / University Nonprofit
Funding uses: Conference, Education / Outreach, General Operating Expense, Applied Project / Program, Capital Project
Location of project: Fairfield County, Connecticut
Location of residency: Preferred: Fairfield County, Connecticut Other eligible locations: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
The New Canaan Community Foundation’s mission is to serve as New Canaan’s local partner for advice, leadership and facilitation of charitable giving. Our vision is a New Canaan that comes together to address both individual and local challenges, enriching the lives of all community members.
Our grant investments support programs, operating, partnerships, and the capacity of individual nonprofits as well as the local nonprofit sector.
Grantmaking is one way that we deploy resources in the community for impact, but not in isolation – financial resources are just one way we hope to support the health of our community. From our grantmaking, and the expertise of our partner nonprofits, the Foundation strives to provide community leadership on key local issues, and act as a convener and advocate.
Main Grant Cycle
Our funding supports several broad areas, with the following goals:
- Arts, Culture & Community Resources – Community members benefit from New Canaan’s cultural, recreational, and other community resources.
- Health – Community members have the information and access to services they need to stay healthy.
- Human Services – Community members are able to meet their basic needs.
- Seniors & Special Needs – Older adults & persons with special needs achieve and maintain a high quality of life.
- Youth & Education – Youth have the academic, social, and financial support they need to succeed.
Please note: Inclusive of these areas, beginning this year we will look to annually address one or more critical community issues. For this year, we are particularly interested in supporting more work in the area of behavioral health (broadly mental health and substance misuse issues). Nonprofits working on these issues will still apply through our same grants process, but will get a separate comprehensive review by a special committee. Year-to-year we’ll assess what issue(s) need this kind of attention.
The foundation is currently seeking to support:
- Program, operating, and capital grants
- Capacity building grants
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- The New Canaan Community Foundation funds nonprofit organizations in Lower Fairfield County.
- Our emphasis is on
- organizations based in New Canaan, and those serving significant numbers of people in the New Canaan community.
- Additionally, we support organizations providing critical services in lower Fairfield County, with an emphasis on towns closest to New Canaan.
- The Foundation does not support expenses already incurred or make grants to build endowments.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Annual Main Grant Funding Cycle by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.