Anthem Foundation: Community Relations & Sponsorships
Grant amount: Unspecified amount
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia (US state), Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Missouri, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin Expand all
Location of residency: Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia (US state), Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Missouri, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin Expand allView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The Anthem Foundation funds specific public health–related initiatives that positively affect conditions identified through our signature Healthy Generations program.
Healthy Generations Program
Central to the efforts of the Anthem Foundation is the Healthy Generations program, a multigenerational initiative to improve public health.
The Anthem Foundation—one of the country's largest corporate foundations—is a private, nonprofit philanthropic organization wholly funded by Anthem, Inc. We believe that targeting preventable health concerns by making strategic charitable choices will help us create a healthier generation of Americans.
We’re committed to funding initiatives that positively affect the conditions addressed in our Healthy Generations program. Its areas of focus are based on the State Health Index, which incorporates public health data from the states Anthem’s affiliates serve. By providing a snapshot of the major health issues in each state, the index helps us concentrate our energies.
Today, we’re emphasizing efforts in these five areas: cardiac mortality; cancer prevention and smoking cessation; maternal and newborn health; diabetes prevention and management; and childhood and elderly obesity. We're also supporting behavioral health efforts and programs that benefit people with disabilities.
Community Relations & Sponsorships
We support nonprofit fundraising and sponsor initiatives that reflect the objectives of our signature Healthy Generations program. Rather than try to cover many broad health-related needs in the community, Anthem funds targeted grants that align with the initiative.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- The organizations we support are from those classified by the Internal Revenue Service as tax-exempt public charities under Section 501(c)(3).
- To be eligible for Community Relations funding, organizations must:
- Not duplicate or significantly overlap the work of public agencies on the federal, state, or local level.
- Serve the community without discrimination on the basis of age, disability, religion, veteran status, race, creed, sexual orientation or sexual preferences, gender, gender identity, or national origin
- Keep books available for regular, independent outside audit and make the results available to all potential contributors.
- Comply with applicable laws regarding registration and reporting.
- The Foundation’s primary support base is spread across the states in which Anthem, Inc., does business. These states are: Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Missouri, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin.
- The following are not eligible for Community Relations support:
- Political organizations or candidates
- Private charities or foundations
- Fraternal, military, or labor organizations
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Anthem Foundation: Community Relations & Sponsorships by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.