APDT Research Grant
Association of Professional Dog TrainersSuggest an update
Grant amount: US $1,500
Anticipated deadline: Apr 19, 2020
Applicant type: Research Scientist Faculty Nonprofit College / University Undergraduate Student Graduate Student
Funding uses: Research
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: Anywhere in the worldView website Save
About this funder:
The mission of the APDT Foundation is to provide funding for applied scientific research on dog training and behavior and to further increase the knowledge base of the dog training profession. The corporation is organized for charitable and educational purposes within the meaning of 501(c)3 of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986.
Goals and Objectives
The APDT Foundation will support undergraduate, graduate, and faculty academic research in a field related to applied behavior, including behavior analysis, ethology, and cognition. Preference will be given to proposals that contain research questions that will have practical application for professional dog trainers and behavior consultants. Preference will also be given to proposals that include collaboration with the dog training and behavior community, specifically companion dog trainers who work with dog owners. We will also accept proposals that create canine science outreach and education opportunities.
The APDT Foundation will make up to 5 grants annually of $1500 each. All grants will be made in US dollars. A progress report will be due 6 months from the date of the first award, and a final report after 12 months.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- The proposing institution must be either:
- An accredited degree-granting college or university with non-profit status and awarding degrees at the baccalaureate level or above.
- A research institution with non-profit status.
- All qualifying institutions are eligible without regard for geographic location.
- Proposals must meet criteria for USDA Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC) standards and must have IACUC approval before disbursement of funds.
- The receiving institution must agree that grants must be made as unrestricted gifts, will not be subject to indirect costs or overhead charges.
- Projects can have multiple Principle Investigators but a primary contact should be indicated with the proposal. We also ask that all additional collaborators be noted.
- Proposals that are incomplete, inaccurate, request funds in excess of the maximum award available, or are otherwise not responsive to the terms and conditions of this RFP will not be considered.
- Payment of indirect costs (overhead) is not permitted.
- Proposals from APDT Foundation Board of Trustee members, committee and task force chairs, vice chairs and members and APDT contract employees will not be considered.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the APDT Research Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.