Applied Materials Foundation Grants: Education, Arts & Culture, Civic Engagement, Environment
Applied Materials FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: Unspecified amount
Next anticipated deadline: Jan 15, 2020
Later anticipated deadlines: Jun 15, 2020
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Project / Program
Location of project: Canada; China; France; Germany; India; Ireland; Israel; Italy; Japan; Korea, Republic of; Malaysia; Netherlands; Philippines; Singapore; Taiwan, Republic Of China; United Kingdom; Maricopa County, Arizona; Santa Clara County, California; Ada County, Idaho; Essex County, Massachusetts; Wayne County, Michigan; Flathead County, Montana; Counties in New York: Albany County; Dutchess County; Saratoga County; Counties in Oregon: Multnomah County; Washington County; Counties in Texas: Collin County; Dallas County; Hays County; Travis County; Williamson County; Salt Lake County, Utah Show all
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
While charitable investments are tailored to local needs, Applied Materials and the Foundation provide funding focused on Girls Empowerment, Education, Civic Engagement, Arts and Culture and the Environment. We also contribute to relief and recovery efforts when natural disasters affect our communities around the world.
We provide funding to organizations providing programs and services in the following focus areas:
Education, Arts & Culture, Civic Engagement, Environment and Girls Empowerment.
We prioritize projects that address community needs in sites where Applied Materials does business and welcome opportunities to engage employees with local grant recipients.
Education inspires young minds, opens new doors and paves the way to more promising futures. We recognize that many communities and schools lack the resources and programs required to prepare their students for meaningful careers. For this reason, the majority of our education grants are directed to neighborhoods with the greatest need.
We have a special interest in funding Education grant proposals that:
- Benefit students in grades K-12
- Focus on traditional skills such as reading, writing, math, science and technology, and other subjects that prepare young people for college and career
- Address critical education needs through innovative approaches to learning
- Expand existing efforts in order to reach more students or a wider geographic area
- Actively partner with other nonprofit groups to create, implement or evaluate shared programs
Arts and Culture
Creativity sparks the imagination and drives the development of new ideas that can transform the way we live. We support efforts that bring the full spectrum of artistic expression to the greater community, from visual and performing arts to community events and workshops.
We have a special interest in funding Arts and Culture grant proposals that:
- Have broad community appeal
- Take arts and culture outside traditional settings to reach young people of diverse backgrounds, particularly in economically disadvantaged neighborhoods
- Support nonprofit organizations in bringing the arts to educational programs and organizations
When people are actively involved in improving the quality of life in their neighborhoods, they help to create more vibrant, livable communities. With our civic engagement grants, we support organizations that help people find stability in difficult times and develop strength of NGO/nonprofit sector to address community challenges.
We have a special interest in funding Civic Engagement grant proposals that:
- Meet basic needs such as access to nutritional food, clean water and affordable housing
- Support systemic, collaborative approaches to eliminating homelessness
- Stimulate innovations that improve efficiency and effectiveness of service delivery
- Support the infrastructure of the nonprofit sector and its leadership
To engage employees and community members in working toward a more sustainable future, we invest in environmental education and community-based projects that demonstrate the importance and value of protecting the environment.
We have a special interest in funding Environment grant proposals that:
- Focus on environmental education for young people, especially in underserved communities
- Encourage hands on opportunities for employee volunteers and their families
See separate grant page here
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Your organization is a public educational institution or a tax-exempt 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization.
- The program for which you are seeking funding serves a community in which Applied Materials has a significant presence
- U.S. Communities:
- Silicon Valley, CA
- Austin, TX
- Boise, ID
- Gloucester, MA
- Kalispell, MT
- Malta and Albany, NY
- Phoenix and Chandler, AZ
- Portland and Hillsboro, OR
- Non-U.S. Regions:
- Your organization’s services are offered without discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, family care leave status, veteran status, or on any other basis prohibited by law?
- Note: Organizations which offer gender-based programs or have services designed to address the needs of other targeted populations may not, in and of themselves, be considered discriminatory and will be considered for funding.
- Capital campaigns – bricks/mortar; equipment, home building, physical structures
- Sporting events for school or civic teams
- Missing children organizations
- Individuals, fraternities, religious or political organizations; commencements, PTAs, alumni groups
- Health-related programs or sponsorships
- Fundraisers such as walk-a-thons, runs, team in training, etc.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Applied Materials Foundation Grants: Education, Arts & Culture, Civic Engagement, Environment by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.
Please wait while we load this grant.
Sorry, we're having trouble loading this grant.