WaterSMART Aquatic Ecosystem Restoration Projects for Fiscal Year 2023
US Department of the Interior: Bureau of Reclamation (USBR)
Deadline: Jan 24, 2024 3:00pm PST
Grant amount: US $500,000 - US $20,000,000
Fields of work: Habitat & Ecosystem Restoration Aquaculture Freshwater Conservation Limnology Wildlife Health Fisheries Ichthyology (Fish) Show all
Applicant type: Government Entity, Indigenous Group
Funding uses: Project / Program
Location of project: United States
Location of residency: United States
The U.S. Department of the Interior’s (Department) Aquatic Ecosystem Restoration Projects (AERP) NOFO provides a framework for Federal leadership and assistance to restore and protect aquatic ecosystems in support of the Department’s priorities. Through AERP, the Bureau of Reclamation (Reclamation) leverages Federal and non-Federal funding to work cooperatively with states, Tribes, and other entities as they study, design and construct aquatic ecosystem restoration projects that are collaboratively developed, have widespread regional benefits, and result in the improvement of the health of fisheries, wildlife, and aquatic habitat through restoration and improved fish passage.Restoring and protecting aquatic ecosystems offers wide-ranging benefits for people and wildlife. Functioning aquatic ecosystems provide habitat for fish and wildlife, improve water quality, and store excess carbon, mitigate the impacts of drought and flood events, and support multiple water uses.
The Bureau of Reclamation’s Aquatic Ecosystem Restoration Projects funding opportunity provides support for priorities identified in Presidential Executive Order (E.O.) 14008:
- Tackling the Climate Crisis at Home and Abroad and is aligned with other priorities, such as those identified in E.O. 13985:
- Advancing Racial Equity and Support for Underserved Communities Through the Federal Government. Aquatic Ecosystem Restoration
Projects also support the goals of the Interagency Drought Relief Working Group established in March 2021 and the National Drought Resilience Partnership.
We've imported the main document for this grant to give you an overview. You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's
- Water Conservation Field Services Program: Financial Assistance for Fiscal Year 2024
- WaterSMART Cooperative Watershed Management Program Phase I for Fiscal Year 2023
- WaterSMART: Desalination Construction Projects Under the WIIN Act for Fiscal Years 2023 and 2024
- WaterSMART Grants: Water and Energy Efficiency Grants for Fiscal Year 2024
- WaterSMART: Large-Scale Water Recycling Projects for Fiscal Years 2023 and 2024
- WaterSMART Planning and Project Design Grants For FY 2023 and FY 2024
- WaterSMART Small-Scale Water Efficiency Projects For Fiscal Year 2024 and Fiscal Year 2025
- WaterSMART: Title XVI Congressionally Authorized Water Reclamation and Reuse Projects for Fiscal Years 2023 and 2024
- WaterSMART: Title XVI WIIN Act Water Reclamation and Reuse Projects for Fiscal Years 2023 and 2024
Don’t miss out on other good fit funders!
See even more similar funders by creating a free 14-day account. Get personalized grant recommendations, tracking and more.
“Through Instrumentl, I was able to accomplish in 6 hours...SIX HOURS...what would have taken days or weeks with [another] search engine.”