Jennifer Robinson Memorial Scholarship
Arctic Institute of North America (AINA)Suggest an update
Grant amount: C $5,000
Anticipated deadline: Jan 10, 2021
Applicant type: Graduate Student
Funding uses: Research
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: CanadaView website Save
About this funder:
The Jennifer Robinson Memorial Scholarship is currently valued at $5000, and is awarded to a graduate student in northern biology who best exemplifies the qualities of scholarship that the late Jennifer Robinson brought to her studies at the Institute's Kluane Lake Research Station.
This scholarship honours the memory of Jennifer J. Robinson, a dedicated field worker who had a passionate interest in the north which she explored with daring enthusiasm. Jennifer received her BSc from Trent University in 1980, and entered the MSc program in the Department of Zoology at the University of British Columbia the same year. Her field work was carried out from the Arctic Institute's Kluane Lake Research Station in 1982 and 1983.
Despite being seriously ill, Jennifer persevered and successfully defended her thesis in 1985. To commemorate Jennifer's devotion and dedication to the north, the Robinson family established an endowment of the Jennifer Robinson Scholarship, first awarded in 1987.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- To be eligible, you must be:
- A graduate student Enrolled at a Canadian university
- Studying Northern biology
- Northern is defined as locations that lie north of the southern limit of the discontinuous permafrost zone
- The scholarship committee looks for:
- Qualities of scholarship that the late Jennifer Robinson brought to her studies at the Institute's Kluane Lake Research Station;
- Evidence of northern relevance; and
- Commitment to field-oriented research.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Jennifer Robinson Memorial Scholarship by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.