Arise Charitable Trust - Organizational Grants
Arise Charitable Trust
Grant amount: Up to US $130,000
Next anticipated deadline: Oct 1, 2018
Later anticipated deadlines: Apr 1, 2019
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Island County, Washington
Location of residency: Island County, WashingtonView website Save Need help writing this grant?
WHO ARE WE?
Arise is a charitable trust established in December 1986 to provide financial assistance to women who wish to meet their full potential in life, but need a helping hand. We're your South Whidbey connection in a growing national network of women's foundations seeking to give women's issues increased financial support.
How Can We Help You?
Our goal is to provide financial incentives to girls, women and tax-exempt organizations which serve them on South Whidbey, in order to:
- Promote self-sufficiency, self-improvement and career development;
- Assist women in getting the education or training they need for career development, by paying grants, scholarships or subsidies;
- Subsidize living needs as appropriate and needed; such as child care, tuition, study material, transportation and rent while women attend a qualified educational or vocational training institution;
- Find ways to prevent potential problems common to women and girls who lack education, training or achievement due to social, economic or cultural conditioning, through intervention, education and non-profit enrichment programs which help women improve their ecnomic or social status;
- Provide grants to tax-exempt organizations that develop or provide such programs for women; or that provide early training in childhood or adolescence for young women to help them identify their skills and creative interests, and gain self-worth, human understanding and opportunities for learning non-traditional or innovative occupations.
Who are you? You are an organization that wants to provide programs for women, adolescents or young children to help them reach their potential. You have a goal and you're determined to reach it—but you need help. You need money for materials, rent, speakers and program administration. Maybe Arise can help.
Awards will be made twice a year. A committee composed of local women will review the applications and make recommendations to the trustee on the applicants thought most appropriate for awards.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Nonprofit organizations serving women which have limited access to other funds and can demonstrate the ability to use grants to strengthen organizational structure, stability and services on South Whidbey are eligible to apply.
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Arise Charitable Trust - Organizational Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.