Ken Kendrick Grand Slam Awards
Arizona Diamondbacks FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: US $15,000 - US $100,000
Anticipated deadline: Nov 22, 2020 1:59am PST
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Project / Program
Location of project: Arizona
Location of residency: ArizonaView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
Arizona Diamondbacks Foundation
The Arizona Diamondbacks Foundation is honored to distribute funds to our community non-profit organizations through our Community Grants and Ken Kendrick Grand Slam Awards programs. To date, the Arizona Diamondbacks Foundation has awarded more than 1,300 grants totaling over $12 million since 1998 as part of it's charitable grant program.
Ken Kendrick Grand Slam Awards
Founded in 2002 and renamed in 2016 in honor of D-backs General Managing Partner Ken Kendrick, the Ken Kendrick Grand Slam Awards were created to make a larger impact on community organizations by providing grants in the amount of $25,000-$100,000. Overall, 90 Ken Kendrick Grand Slam Awards totaling over $7.3 million have been distributed since 2002.
Grand Slam Award Guidelines
Typically distributed for large projects that are either construction/renovation, large purchases such as vehicles or programmatic in nature. These projects should increase the capacity or efficiency for the non-profit operation and should have a direct impact on the clients served.
Awards fall within the range of $25,000 to $100,000.
There will be one Grand Slam Award available for $250,000. Organizations may apply for $250,000 for a legacy project such as a building acquisition, space improvement or other capital expenditure in 2020. If an organization wishes to also apply for a lesser amount, a separate application must be submitted.
Focus areas include homelessness, indigent healthcare and youth programs of all types. Other requests may be considered but should fall within the human services category.
Organizations that have received a Ken Kendrick Grand Slam Award in the past are eligible to reapply; however, it is recommended the application be for a different program or project.
The program or project must be completed and all funds expended within one year of the award date which will be April of 2020.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- To be eligible for a Ken Kendrick Grand Slam Award, an organization is required to:
- Be physically located in the state of Arizona and serve the Arizona community;
- Have a classification as an organization exempt from federal income tax under section 501(c)(3) of the IRS code with a valid IRS Tax ID. Organizations without a valid IRS Tax ID must have a fiscal sponsor submit the application; and
- Submit the following information via a Grant Application:
- Agency Overview
- 501(c)(3) Letter
- Current Board of Directors Roster
- Current Financial Statements Approved by the Board
- Timeline of Services Implementation or Construction
- Program/Project Description and Use of Funds
- Target Population Information including client characteristics
- Program/Project Budget
- Outcome Measurements
- The Arizona Diamondbacks Foundation Grand Slam Awards generally do not fund:
- Annual appeals or large generic capital campaigns;
- Debt retirement, deficit financing, reduction of an operating deficit or replenishment of resources to pay for such purposes;
- Fundraising activities or fundraising events;
- Lobbying or legislative activities.
- Seminars, camps, festivals or other special events with limited occurrences
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Ken Kendrick Grand Slam Awards by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.