Arizona Game & Fish Heritage Grant: Environmental Education
Arizona Game and Fish Department
Grant amount: US $1,000 - US $10,000
Anticipated deadline: Oct 31, 2018 4:00pm PDT
Applicant type: Government Entity Nonprofit For-Profit Business Indigenous Group
Funding uses: Education / Outreach
Location of project: Arizona
Location of residency: ArizonaView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The Heritage Fund is used to protect endangered species, acquire habitat for the benefit of sensitive species, provide access to outdoor recreational opportunities, and educate children and adults about wildlife. The Arizona Game and Fish Commission administers the fund for the conservation of sensitive wildlife and sensitive wildlife habitat.
Environmental education is one of the sub-programs comprise the Heritage Fund Grant Program. Environmental education means educational programs dealing with basic ecological principles and the effects of natural and man related processes on natural and urban systems and programs to enhance public awareness of the importance of safeguarding natural resources.(ARS17-296.7)
Funds will be available under the Environmental Education grant fund for projects that develop awareness, appreciation and understanding of Arizona's wildlife and its environment and to increase responsible actions toward wildlife and their habitat.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Eligible applicants include the:
- any non - profit group which meets the Internal Revenue Service definition of a 501(c) organization .
- federal government
- any federal department or agency
- Indian tribes
- all departments, agencies, boards, commissions and political subdivisions of the state of Arizona
- school districts
- charter schools
- all municipal corporations
- Grant proposals that do not meet one or more of the Eligibility Criteria listed below will be rejected:
- Criterion 1: Educator Professional Development Follow-up.
- The emphasis of this criterion is to provide funds to help professional educators develop resources, programs, lessons or activities inspired by Department-sponsored educator professional development training.
- Any participant of a Department-sponsored educator training since 2013 is eligible to apply for funds to help implement strategies and ideas introduced in that training.
- All applications must include the title or brief description of the training attended and the date (month and year) of the training.
- Criterion 2: North American Model of Wildlife Conservation Education and Outreach.
- The purpose of this criterion is to provide funds to develop and implement unique projects that can educate the general public on the North American Model of Wildlife Conservation (NAM).
- Examples of projects can include, but are not limited to:
- media or marketing campaigns
- formal or informal curriculum
- interactive exhibits
- Criterion 3: Developing Natural Resource Stewards.
- The purpose of this criterion is to fund collaborative multi-agency/organization projects that use outdoor recreation as the foundation to develop public appreciation and stewardship of natural resource conservation.
- These funds should be used to assist with the implementation of projects that will efficiently allow these organizations to link their natural resource education and outreach programs together.
- The focus should be on breaking down barriers between different organizations to allow
collaborative planning and facilitate opportunities for a broader segment of the public to learn about
natural resource conservation through continuous hands on, outdoor based, recreational activities.
- Priority will be given to projects that:
- Reach audiences currently unaware of the NAM.
- Can be easily replicated beyond the scope of the original proposal.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Arizona Game & Fish Heritage Grant: Environmental Education by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.