Arnold W. Fritz Scholarship
Canton Audubon Society
Grant amount: US $500 - US $1,000
Anticipated deadline: Mar 1, 2019
Applicant type: Undergraduate Student Graduate Student
Funding uses: Scholarship
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: Ohio
Minimum GPA: 2.5View website Save Need help writing this grant?
The Canton Audubon Society is pleased to offer scholarships to deserving college students, junior level and above, including graduate level. The Canton Audubon Society will provide an annual scholarship fund of $1000 in memory of Arnold W. Fritz, founding president of the Canton Audubon Society. This will be awarded in one ($1000) or two ($500) scholarships, at the discretion of the CAS Scholarship Committee.
As of September 2012, the Canton Audubon Scholarship has been changed to the Arnold W. Fritz Scholarship. This name change is to honor the memory of Arnold Fritz, who passed away on August 14th, 2011. Arnold was not only our organization’s founding president (1962-64), but also the founding president of The Wilderness Center in Wilmot. He retired as a biology teacher from Malone University in Canton (1961-1998).
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Scholarships will be given to study environmental science, conservation, natural history and nature related subjects, including environmental law.
- The applicant shall reside in or attend college in the Ohio counties of Carroll, Coshocton, Stark, Tuscarawas, or Wayne County or any county contiguous to these counties.
- Applicant must be entering the fall term as Junior level or above at an accredited college or university at the time of the award.
- Applicant must be a full time student according to the institution's criteria.
- Applicant may be majoring in any discipline that will relate to our purpose.
- Only one member of a family will be considered in any one year.
- There will be no age limit for applicants.
- The applicant must have a minimum 2.5 grade point
average as a full-time student. (On a 4.0 scale).
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Arnold W. Fritz Scholarship by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.