Arts & Cultural Grants
OceanFirst FoundationSuggest an update
Anticipated deadline: Feb 15, 2021
Grant amount: US $500 - US $5,000
Fields of work: Art & Culture
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Project / Program
Location of project: Counties in New Jersey: Atlantic County, Burlington County, Camden County, Cape May County, Cumberland County, Gloucester County, Hunterdon County, Mercer County, Middlesex County, Monmouth County, Ocean County, Salem County, Somerset County, Union County Show all
Location of residency: New JerseyView website Save
About this funder:
Note: Organizations that have not previously received a grant from OceanFirst Foundation should first contact the Foundation office to be screened for eligibility.
Since its founding in 1902, OceanFirst Bank has built a solid reputation and legacy as a good neighbor and responsible corporate citizen. The Bank’s strong commitment to helping families, organizations, schools and communities throughout central and southern New Jersey meet their financial needs has spanned several generations reaching new heights in 1996 with the creation of OceanFirst Foundation.
Made possible by a one-time endowment of $13.4 million approved by OceanFirst Bank depositors, OceanFirst Foundation provides grants to organizations that meet community needs within the OceanFirst Bank footprint. Through the Foundation, hundreds of local charities and schools have received more than $30 million in grants to enrich lives in areas such as Housing, Youth Development and Education, Improving the Quality of Life, Health and Wellness, and the Arts.
OceanFirst Foundation recognizes that there are many organizations worthy of support. A Board of Directors comprised of business and civic leaders governs the Foundation and meets several times per year to review, select and award grants to the eligible organizations that have best demonstrated an ability to positively impact the community.
Arts & Cultural Grants
At OceanFirst, we recognize that supporting local arts and cultural organizations is key to the growth and development of our people and our economy. That’s why we’ve invested more than $2.5 million in organizations that are positive catalysts for bringing people and neighborhoods together while providing enriching arts and cultural opportunities.
In 2019, $150,000 will be awarded to support programs, events and advertising (typical grants ranged from $500 – $5,000). An enhanced priority for the Foundation is supporting partnerships and programs between Arts & Cultural organizations and K-12 schools. A minimum of 50% of our investment in Arts & Cultural organizations in 2019 will be targeted to these efforts.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Please note that applicant organizations must provide services within the OceanFirst footprint and have 501(c)(3) tax exempt status with the IRS.
- In addition, applicants should be registered in New Jersey as a charity and perform a certified annual audit if required to do so.
- We confirm tax-exempt status and NJ Charity Registration each time an organization applies.
- The Foundation, in general, does not fund outside its specific strategic areas or provide support to organizations that cannot demonstrate a significant level of service within the OceanFirst Bank footprint.
- OceanFirst Foundation cannot provide funding for the following:
- Organizations not exempt under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code
- Religious congregations
- Political causes, candidates, organizations or campaigns
- Organizations whose primary purpose is to influence legislation
- Sports leagues/teams
Want to discover new grants?
See how we help our customers save time and find new funding by trying out Instrumentl for 14-days free or learn more.
“This is the best foundation match & grant tracking tool I've used in my many years of fundraising.”