Arts & Culture/Education Grants
Northern Trust Company Charitable TrustSuggest an update
Grant amount: Approximately US $15,000
Next deadline: Mar 7, 2019 3:00pm PST (Letter of inquiry)
Later deadlines: May 9, 2019 3:00pm PDT (Full proposal)
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, General Operating Expense, Applied Project / Program, Capital Project
Location of project: Cook County, Illinois
Location of residency: Cook County, IllinoisView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
Note: A letter of inquiry is required if your organization has not received funding from the Northern Trust Charitable Trust in the last 12 months, or if you are a new applicant.
Contributions from the Charitable Trust will support program, general operating, capital, or endowment priorities. Grants usually are confined to programs and agencies that focus on advancing the well-being of disadvantaged women and children, and people with disabilities.
Grants from the Charitable Trust may be awarded for three consecutive years, with one year off before an organization is eligible to apply again. General operating grants are not renewed automatically, and there are no multi-year gifts for operating.
In addition to grants made through the Charitable Trust, Northern Trust also makes a limited number of direct contributions for various community activities.
Arts & Culture/Education Grant
Education is a cornerstone to success. The Northern Trust Charitable Trust is committed to supporting organizations that bring innovative, comprehensive and exemplary programs to Chicago’s public school students. We believe that by augmenting the priorities and goals of Chicago Public Schools, we are giving the students in our focus neighborhoods additional tools to help strengthen their academic achievement and leadership development. The Northern Trust
Charitable Trust gives priority to organizations that:
- Improve student achievement through innovative programming;
- Develop the talent of teachers and principals; and
- Prepare students to compete globally
Sharing the Arts
Arts and culture programs play a key role in the development of vibrant and healthy communities. By supporting organizations that bring opportunities to our focus communities, the Northern Trust Charitable Trust is helping to create forums for social interaction to celebrate diversity and heritage. The Northern Trust Charitable Trust supports Chicago-area arts and cultural organizations that:
- Open access to the city’s cultural life and
- Integrate the arts into education and other community outreach initiatives.
The Northern Trust Charitable Trust grants average $15,000 per year-long cycle.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Organizations with 501 (c) (3) tax-exempt status.
- Contributions will support program, general operating, capital or endowment priorities.
- Priority is given to programs or agencies that serve the following Chicago neighborhoods:
- Humboldt Park
- Logan Square
- Washington Park
- West Town
- The Northern Trust Charitable Trust does not make contributions to:
- Organizations located outside the specified Chicago neighborhoods
- Individuals, including those seeking scholarships or fellowship assistance
- Organizations without 501 (c) (3) tax-exempt status
- Organizations/agencies that receive 5% or more of their funding from the United Way
- National health organizations (or their local affiliates) or research/disease advocacy groups
- Fraternal groups
- Fundraising events
- Advertising or marketing activities
- Political, labor, or fraternal organizations or civic clubs; this includes advocacy, government agency, and political entities
- Religious organizations for sectarian purposes
- Individual pre-K through 12 schools (public or private)
- Sports, athletic events or athletic programs
- Travel-related events, including student trips or tours
- Development or production of books, films, videos or television programs
- Memorial campaigns
- Organizations less than two years old
- Multi-year operating requests
- This list is not all inclusive.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Arts & Culture/Education Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.