Spring Grant Cycle: Arts & Culture or Environment Grants
JW & HM Goodman Family FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: Up to US $10,000
Deadline: Jan 8, 2021 5:00pm PST (Letter of inquiry)
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Capital Project, Training / Capacity Building, General Operating Expense
Location of project: Counties in California: Alameda County, Contra Costa County, Marin County, Napa County, San Francisco County, San Mateo County, Santa Clara County, Solano County, Sonoma County, Counties in Oregon: Clackamas County, Columbia County, Multnomah County, Washington County, Yamhill County Show all
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
Please note: As of 2020, our Education grants will be awarded in the Fall and Environment grants will be awarded in the Spring
- See the fall cycle grant page here
The Foundation makes grants twice per year. In the spring, we make grants in the Arts & Culture and the Education categories and in the fall, we make grants in the categories of Environment and Health & Human Services (see separate grant page here). Within each of these categories of interest, the Foundation makes grants in some very specific focuses. These focuses are reviewed and determined by the board and posted to our website approximately six months in advance of a grant cycle deadline.
Our typical grant size is $5,000 to $10,000.
Spring grant cycle 2020 (grants made in May/June timeframe):
LOIs will be accepted in the following areas only:
Arts & Culture: The Foundation intends to award on year grants of up to $10,000 each to nonprofits that provide music lessons for underprivileged youth in K-12 grades who don't have access. Priority will be given to programs that: follow/track their students through multiple years, have the ability to work with students from different cultures, and provide free education or scholarships to participate.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- We make grants to nonprofits doing work in California (San Francisco Bay Area focusing on Santa Clara, San Mateo, San Francisco, and Alameda counties) and Oregon (Greater Portland area).
- We make grants for general support and for specific projects.
- We do not make grants to religiously affiliated organizations nor to organizations that have a religious curriculum.
- (Please note that the Foundation does not fund religiously affiliated nonprofits nor nonprofits that require a religious curriculum in order to receive services)
- We do not make grants to individuals.
- We are not currently accepting applications for international work.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Spring Grant Cycle: Arts & Culture or Environment Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.