Arts Midwest: Grow, Invest, Gather (GIG) Fund
Deadline: Oct 5, 2021 9:59pm PDT
Grant amount: US $2,500
Fields of work: Art & Culture Performing Arts Visual Arts Arts / Culture Access & Participation
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Project / Program, Education / Outreach, Training / Capacity Building
Location of project: Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Minnesota, North Dakota, Ohio, South Dakota, Wisconsin Show all
Location of residency: Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Minnesota, North Dakota, Ohio, South Dakota, Wisconsin Show all
Flexible support to help arts and culture organizations grow their capacity, fund artist engagements, and build community.
What is the GIG Fund?
Arts Midwest’s Grow, Invest, Gather (GIG) Fund provides financial support to arts organizations for rebuilding and re-imagining creative engagement in their communities amidst the challenging uncertainty affecting all corners of the creative sector. Whether your organization is recovering, starting anew, or doing your best to hold steady, this flexible support opportunity will help you grow by investing in your capacity to gather your community to experience the power of creative expression together. Funds are intended for organizations to build their capacity by having multiple points of access to support presenting performing and visual artists of high artistic merit, virtually or in-person.
Organizations can use these funds to support a project that engages performing, visual, multimedia, or literary artists. Artistic excellence and merit will be part of the application review.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Nonprofit, tax-exempt 501c3, U.S. organizations
- Nonprofit colleges and universities
- Federally recognized tribal communities
- Units of state or local government
- Applicants must:
- Be in good standing with Arts Midwest, with no overdue or outstanding required reports and/or grant documents.
- Be located in the Midwest region of Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Minnesota, North Dakota, Ohio, South Dakota, or Wisconsin and the Federally recognized Native nations that share this geography.
- Be an organization that is capable of selecting and engaging professional artists to perform/display their work before general audiences as an ongoing and significant component of their organization’s activity.
- Agree to acknowledge Arts Midwest and the National Endowment for the Arts in all programs and press materials related to funded engagements.
- Have a valid DUN and Bradstreet number(found here).
- Comply with Federal eligibility requirements (found here).
- This opportunity is not open to organizations applying on a fiscal sponsorship basis.
- For-profit business or organizations
- Artists, ensembles, and artist’s agents