ASC Regional Artist Project Grants
Arts & Science CouncilSuggest an update
Grant amount: Up to US $2,000
Anticipated deadline: Oct 1, 2020 9:00am PDT
Applicant type: Undergraduate Student Graduate Student Artist
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Conference, Project / Program, Training / Capacity Building
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: North Carolina, South Carolina
Location of citizenship: United States
Age restriction: At least 18 years of ageView website Save Need help writing this grant?
We serve as the designated “Office of Cultural Resources” for the City of Charlotte, Mecklenburg County and six suburban towns by providing advocacy, cultural education programs, cultural planning, fundraising, grant making, public art and workshops and trainings for the cultural community. We work to ensure Culture For All by combining resources from local and state government with those of the private sector to maximize community impact throughout the cultural sector.
We work every day to ensure access to an excellent, relevant, and sustainable cultural community for the Charlotte-Mecklenburg Region.
Regional Artist Project Grants
Regional Artist Project Grants provide an award for individuals and groups of unincorporated artists to pursue projects that further enhance their artistic development by attending a professional development experience or purchasing/renting a piece of equipment.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- The Regional Artist Project Grant Program is open to all disciplines. Additionally,
- Applicants must be a permanent resident of the region (e.g., have resided for a minimum of twelve (12) months prior to the deadline) of one the following counties: Cabarrus, Cleveland, Gaston, Iredell, Lincoln, Mecklenburg, Rowan, Rutherford, Stanly, Union, or York (SC).
- Applicants must be 18 years of age or older and a US citizen or permanent resident.
- Applicants and recipients may not enroll in, or be currently enrolled in, an undergraduate or graduate degree-granting program during the time their funded project is in progress.
- Only one application per individual will be accepted annually.
- The Regional Artist Project Grant Program will not support:
- Projects that have already taken place.
- Tuition to assist artists in obtaining an undergraduate or graduate degree.
- Projects that do not primarily further your own development as an artist (e.g. teaching, curatorial work, etc.
- Requests to purchase/rent multiple items
- Food/ per diem expenses
- Multiple professional development experience
- Artists on the staff of one of the participating arts councils OR artists who received a Regional Artist Project Grant within the last 2 calendar years (projects that took place on or after January 2017) are not eligible to apply.
- Matching funds are not required.
- However, if the cost of the request exceeds the maximum grant amount, the applicant must show additional funding source(s).
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the ASC Regional Artist Project Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.
Please wait while we load this grant.
Sorry, we're having trouble loading this grant.