Arturo Falaschi PhD fellowships
International Centre for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology (ICGEB)
Grant amount: Up to €46,800
Anticipated deadline: Mar 31, 2018
Applicant type: Undergraduate Student Postdoctoral Researcher PhD Student
Funding uses: Conference, Research, Fellowship
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: Anywhere in the world
Location of citizenship: Afghanistan; Algeria; Argentina; Bangladesh; Bhutan; Bosnia and Herzegovina; Brazil; Bulgaria; Burkina Faso; Burundi; Cameroon; Chile; China; Colombia; Croatia; Cuba; Côte D'Ivoire; Ecuador; Egypt; Eritrea; Hungary; India; Iran, Islamic Republic Of; Iraq; Italy; Jordan; Kenya; Kuwait; Kyrgyzstan; Liberia; Libya; Macedonia, the Former Yugoslav Republic Of; Malaysia; Mauritius; Mexico; Montenegro; Morocco; Namibia; Nigeria; Pakistan; Panama; Peru; Poland; Qatar; Romania; Russian Federation; Saudi Arabia; Senegal; Serbia; Slovakia; Slovenia; South Africa; Sri Lanka; Sudan; Syrian Arab Republic; Tanzania, United Republic of; Trinidad and Tobago; Tunisia; Turkey; United Arab Emirates; Uruguay; Venezuela, Bolivarian Republic of; Vietnam Expand allView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The International Centre for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology provides a scientific and educational environment of the highest standard and conducts innovative
The Centre is dedicated to advanced research and training in molecular biology and biotechnology and holds out the prospect of advancing knowledge and applying the latest techniques in the fields of:
- crop improvement
- environmental protection/remediation
- biopharmaceuticals and biopesticide production
ICGEB offers postgraduate studies with the aim of obtaining the “Doctor Philosophiae” (PhD) degree in the life sciences. Thanks to specific agreements, the title can be awarded through a number of academic institutions of international standing, which include The Open University (UK) and the International School for Advanced Studies (SISSA) in Trieste, Italy, the Jawaharlal Nehru University in New Delhi and the University of Cape Town in South Africa. The structure of the three-year PhD course includes intensive laboratory research activities, participation in seminars and communication training during Journal Club sessions, symposia and international meetings.
ICGEB offers competitive Pre-doctoral Fellowships in Life Sciences to highly motivated scientists wishing to pursue PhD research studies in a world-class scientific environment. Fellowships include participation in a competitive research programme, access to state-of-the-art facilities, participation in ICGEB Meetings, Seminars and Journal Clubs and a competitive stipend, plus full coverage of tuition fees and health insurance.
Duration: 3 years PhD course with the possibility of 1-year extension.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Applicants must be nationals of an ICGEB Member State.
- Degree requirements:
- applicants for ICGEB Trieste should hold a BSc (Honours) degree;
- applicants for ICGEB Cape Town and New Delhi should hold an MSc degree.
- Candidates must have a good working knowledge of the English language, supported by a proficiency certificate (TOEFL, Cambridge Certificate, or equivalent).
- Not required when scholastic education has been undertaken in English.
- Candidates for Trieste, Italy must be below the age of 32 years at the time of application (i.e. date of birth after 31/03/1985).
- There is no age limit for applications for ICGEB New Delhi and Cape Town.
- Financial support:
- Monthly stipend:
- Trieste (Italy): Euro 1,300,
- New Delhi (India): US$ 1,020,
- Cape Town (South Africa): ZAR 10,000.
- Travel: the fellowship includes provision for travel expenses from the student’s home country to the ICGEB lab at the beginning of the fellowship and a return travel provision upon completion of the fellowship.
- Medical health insurance coverage is provided for the duration of the fellowship.
- University tuition fee is covered for the entire PhD registration period.
- Visa/permit of stay application and renewal costs are reimbursed.
- Support for participation in Meetings and Courses is generally provided by the Group Leader / PI.
- Nationals of Italy, India, and South Africa (ICGEB Host Countries) are not eligible to apply for ICGEB Fellowships in their home country.
- ICGEB makes no financial provision, nor can it provide administrative support for family members of participants in the programme.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Arturo Falaschi PhD fellowships by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.