Arturo Falaschi Postdoctoral Fellowships
International Centre for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology (ICGEB)Suggest an update
Grant amount: Up to €48,000
Next deadline: Mar 31, 2019
Later deadlines: Sep 30, 2019
Applicant type: Postdoctoral Researcher
Funding uses: Fellowship
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: Anywhere in the world
Location of citizenship: Afghanistan; Algeria; Argentina; Bangladesh; Bhutan; Bosnia and Herzegovina; Brazil; Bulgaria; Burkina Faso; Burundi; Cameroon; Chile; China; Colombia; Costa Rica; Croatia; Cuba; Côte D'Ivoire; Ecuador; Egypt; Eritrea; Hungary; India; Iran, Islamic Republic Of; Iraq; Italy; Jordan; Kenya; Kuwait; Kyrgyzstan; Liberia; Libya; Macedonia, the Former Yugoslav Republic Of; Malaysia; Mauritius; Mexico; Montenegro; Morocco; Namibia; Nigeria; Pakistan; Panama; Peru; Poland; Qatar; Romania; Russian Federation; Saudi Arabia; Senegal; Serbia; Slovakia; Slovenia; South Africa; Sri Lanka; Sudan; Syrian Arab Republic; Tanzania, United Republic of; Trinidad and Tobago; Tunisia; Turkey; United Arab Emirates; Uruguay; Venezuela, Bolivarian Republic of; Vietnam Expand all
Degree requirements: Applicants must be within a few years of receiving their PhDView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The International Centre for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology provides a scientific and educational environment of the highest standard and conducts innovative funding programmes and advisory services and represents a comprehensive approach to promoting biotechnology internationally.
The Centre is dedicated to advanced research and training in molecular biology and biotechnology and holds out the prospect of advancing knowledge and applying the latest techniques in the fields of:
- crop improvement
- environmental protection/remediation
- biopharmaceuticals and biopesticide production
ICGEB offers competitive Postdoctoral Fellowships in the Life Sciences to highly motivated scientists wishing to pursue postdoctoral research in a world-class scientific environment. The Fellowships consist of a very competitive package including stipend, health insurance and additional benefits. The most successful fellows will also be eligible to apply for ICGEB Early Career Research Grants to support their own research programmes as young PIs upon return to an ICGEB Member State.
Fellowship duration is two years with the possibility of a one-year extension.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Applicants must be nationals of an ICGEB Member State and may not apply for fellowships to be undertaken in their country of origin, unless they have been working abroad for, at least, the last 3 years and at the time of application.
- Degree requirements:
- applicants should hold a recent PhD in Life Sciences or have at least 3 years research experience.
- Financial support:
- Monthly stipend:
- Trieste (Italy): Euro 2,000,
- New Delhi (India): US$ 1,590,
- Cape Town (South Africa): ZAR 15,000.
- Travel: the fellowship includes provision for travel expenses from the participant's home country to the ICGEB lab at the beginning of the fellowship and a return travel provision upon completion of the fellowship.
- Medical health insurance coverage is provided for the duration of the fellowship.
- Visa/permit of stay application and renewal costs are reimbursed.
- All Research costs will be supported by the research group's budget.
- Support for participation in Meetings and Courses is generally provided by the Group Leader / PI.
- Preference is given to candidates below the age of 35.
- ICGEB makes no financial provision, nor can it provide administrative
support for family members of participants in the programme.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Arturo Falaschi Postdoctoral Fellowships by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.