Arturo Falaschi Short-term Postdoc Fellowship
International Centre for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology (ICGEB)Suggest an update
Grant amount: Up to €12,000
Next anticipated deadline: Dec 31, 2019
Later anticipated deadlines: Mar 31, 2020, Sep 30, 2020
Applicant type: Postdoctoral Researcher
Funding uses: Fellowship
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: Anywhere in the world
Location of citizenship: Afghanistan; Algeria; Argentina; Bangladesh; Bhutan; Bosnia and Herzegovina; Brazil; Bulgaria; Burkina Faso; Burundi; Cameroon; Chile; China; Colombia; Costa Rica; Croatia; Cuba; Côte D'Ivoire; Ecuador; Egypt; Eritrea; Hungary; India; Iran, Islamic Republic Of; Iraq; Italy; Jordan; Kenya; Kuwait; Kyrgyzstan; Liberia; Libya; Macedonia, the Former Yugoslav Republic Of; Malaysia; Mauritius; Mexico; Montenegro; Morocco; Namibia; Nigeria; Pakistan; Panama; Peru; Poland; Qatar; Romania; Russian Federation; Saudi Arabia; Senegal; Serbia; Slovakia; Slovenia; South Africa; Sri Lanka; Sudan; Syrian Arab Republic; Tanzania, United Republic of; Trinidad and Tobago; Tunisia; Turkey; United Arab Emirates; Uruguay; Venezuela, Bolivarian Republic of; Vietnam Show all
Degree requirements: Applicants must be within a few years of receiving their PhDView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The Centre is dedicated to advanced research and training in molecular biology and biotechnology and holds out the prospect of advancing knowledge and applying the latest techniques in the fields of:
- crop improvement
- environmental protection/remediation
- biopharmaceuticals and biopesticide production
With Components in Trieste, Italy, New Delhi, India and Cape Town, South Africa, the Centre forms an interactive network with Affiliated Centres in ICGEB Member States. ICGEB is part of the United Nations System.
Short-term Postdoctoral Fellowships
ICGEB offers Short-term fellowships for Postdoctoral studies in ICGEB Component laboratories to fund ongoing collaborative research between scientists from ICGEB Member States and research groups at ICGEB laboratories in Trieste, Italy, New Delhi, India and Cape Town, South Africa, with the aim of facilitating access to the latest research techniques and to strengthen capacity building.
- Duration: 1-6 months
- Monthly stipend: Trieste (Italy): Euro 2,000, New Delhi (India): US$ 1,590, Cape Town (South Africa): ZAR 18,750.
- Travel: the fellowship includes provision for travel expenses from the participant’s home country to the ICGEB lab at the beginning of the fellowship and a return travel provision upon completion of the fellowship.
- Medical health insurance coverage is provided for the duration of the fellowship.
- Visa/permit of stay application and renewal costs are reimbursed.
- ICGEB makes no financial provision, nor can it provide administrative support for family members of participants in the programme.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Applicants must be nationals of an ICGEB Member State and may not apply for fellowships to be undertaken in their country of origin, unless working abroad at the time of application.
- Degree requirements: applicants should hold a recent PhD in Life Sciences or have at least 3 years research experience.
- Candidates must have a good working knowledge of the English language, supported by a proficiency certificate (TOEFL, Cambridge Certificate, or equivalent).
- Not required when scholastic education has been undertaken in English.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Arturo Falaschi Short-term Postdoc Fellowship by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.
Please wait while we load this grant.
Sorry, we're having trouble loading this grant.