As You Sow Grants
As You SowSuggest an update
Grant amount: US $1,000 - US $10,000
Deadline: Feb 28, 2020
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach
Location of project: California
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save
About this funder:
As You Sow’s toxic enforcement cases often result in settlement agreements that include monetary restitution. As You Sow ensures that the citizens of California benefit from these monies by utilizing them for investigation, research, and enforcement of environmental laws.
These monies also fund our grant program which strengthens the excellent work of numerous non-profit organizations with similar goals related to toxics reduction, environmental education, protection of communities, and enforcement.
Since 1992, As You Sow has granted out over $2.1 million to over 100 organizations doing work related to toxics reduction, environmental education, and environmental justice.
To promote environmental and social corporate responsibility through shareholder advocacy, coalition building, and innovative legal strategies.
A safe, just, and sustainable world in which protecting the environment and human rights is central to corporate decision making.
As You Sow will consider proposals for grants ONLY in the following areas:
- Enforcement of California state consumer protection and toxic exposure laws
- Education of California consumers about the risks of toxic exposure and consumers’ right to know what goes into products.
- Toxics education, reduction, remediation, prevention and protection in communities in California, especially under-represented and under-served communities of California.
- Related areas will be considered on a case-by-case basis, but the proposal must have a California-based environmental or toxic enforcement component.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- As You Sow’s grantmaking program is funded by settlements from enforcement of California’s Safe Drinking Water and Toxic Enforcement Act.
- Accordingly, grantees’ projects must substantially benefit citizens of California.
- As You Sow will give consideration to proposals from organizations outside the state only if the project or organization is focused on California.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the As You Sow Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.