As You Sow Grants
As You Sow
Grant amount: US $1,000 - US $10,000
Anticipated deadline: Feb 28, 2019 11:59pm PST
Applicant type: Nonprofit College / University
Funding uses: Education / Outreach
Location of project: California
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
As You Sow’s toxic enforcement cases often result in settlement agreements that include monetary restitution. As You Sow ensures that the citizens of California benefit from these monies by utilizing them for investigation, research, and enforcement of environmental laws.
These monies also fund our grant program which strengthens the excellent work of numerous non-profit organizations with similar goals related to toxics reduction, environmental education, protection of communities, and enforcement.
Since 1992, As You Sow has granted out over $2.1 million to over 100 organizations doing work related to toxics reduction, environmental education, and environmental justice.
To promote environmental and social corporate responsibility through shareholder advocacy, coalition building, and innovative legal strategies.
A safe, just, and sustainable world in which protecting the environment and human rights is central to corporate decision making.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Grantees’ project must substantially benefit citizens of California.
- As You Sow will give consideration to proposals from organizations outside the state if the project or organization is focused on California.
- In its consideration of grant requests, As You Sow will give priority to proposals in the following areas:
- Enforcement of California state consumer- and environment-related laws
- Education of consumers about the risks of toxic exposure and their right to know what goes into consumer products.
- Toxics education, reduction, and protection in under-represented and under-served communities.
- Related areas will be considered on a case-by-case basis but the proposal must generally have a California-based environmental enforcement component.
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the As You Sow Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.