ASDA Foundation Community Grants
Asda FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: £5,000 - £50,000
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Project / Program
Location of project: United Kingdom
Location of residency: United KingdomView website Save
ASDA Foundation Community Grants Programme awards grants of between £5,000 and £20,000 to support community projects.
Eligible projects include those that involve the following points:
- Will make a significant difference benefiting the wide local community.
- Addresses the needs of the local community.
- Tackles the underlying issues in the local community.
- Has used evidence of community needs and aspirations to develop an existing model.
- Will transform the community, improving the lives of those who live there.
The Asda Foundation is a charitable corporate Foundation making independent grants throughout the UK. Our aim is to ‘transform, communities’ improving lives for people and communities in the UK both now and in the future. We fund the charitable projects and activities that have the ideas and ability to achieve change for the better. The Foundation aims to transform communities, improve lives for people and communities in the UK both now and in the future. We do this by supporting programmes that do this through Significant Community Projects, Chosen by You, Top-up Funding.
Significant Local Community Projects
We are committed to developing stronger, better connected, sustainable communities across the UK. This programme allows colleagues to nominate initiatives which will make a real long term difference, benefitting the wider community with our vision to ‘Transform Communities, improving lives locally.
The Asda Foundation wants to have a strong reputation for managing, co-ordinating and delivering programmes which really make a significant difference to local communities and the people who live there.
- identified opportunities, initiatives and new ways to support local communities;
- charity/good cause has developed a relationships with local the local store or home office at a grassroots level
- Tackling the underlying problems in your local community
- can apply evidence from programmes of community needs and aspirations to develop their existing model;
- Benefits the wider community and is not just supporting a single user group
- There is a need for this facility locally
- Will make a real long term difference
- Would Transform your community, improving the lives of those who live there
Top-up Funding Grants
In our rapidly changing society we are motivated to do all that we can do to support and develop stronger communities. Supporting local, smaller applications is really important as they are identifying locally relevant causes which really make a difference.
Asda colleagues are extremely passionate about fundraising for their local charities and good causes. We realise that there are times when extra financial support may be needed.
Contact your local store or home office Community Champion to see if they could potentially fundraise for your local charity or good cause. If this is something they are able to support they will be able to apply to the Asda Foundation for a top-up donation.
The Foundation team will review each application and apply the relevant guidelines to the application. We don’t however match fund what has been raised locally.
A simple but effective way of giving more for those smaller charities and good causes.
Chosen By You... Given by Us
The Asda Foundation supports Asda’s Community Life programme Chosen by you…given by us by providing the funding for the local charities and good causes nominated by Asda customers and colleagues.
This year will see a £1 million investment from the Asda Foundation, which will support over 10,000 local charities and good causes within the Asda Mile of your store or depot.
This has a real engagement locally therefore who better to choose the local cause we should support than our customers and colleagues.
If you would like to nominate a charity or good cause please either complete the nomination form in your local Asda store which can be found on the Community Life Board or visit your local store locator page using this link below
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Eligible organizations:
- are nonprofit organizations, local charities, or local good causes, and
- have the systems in place to ensure finances are well managed.
- The following are eligible for funding:
- Capital costs, buildings, renovations, vehicles, etc.
- Equipment i.e. computers, audio systems, etc.
Your project should be located within 5 miles of an ASDA store.
- We do not fund applications that:
- Benefit only one user group
- Have similar facilities in the area
- Request revenue funding only, such as salaries and overhead costs
- Are from for profit organizations
- Are from organizations with limited experience and capacity to deliver and maintain the project
- Are from organizations that do not have a current 3/5 year project plan in place
- Top-up Funding Grants: What we don't support
- Political and military groups- we are not a political company and therefore do not support politically motivated charities or military groups
- Single religious or ethnic groups- we do not donate to charities or groups that are raising funds soley to further their specific religious or ethnic values.
- we may however give money to community groups being led by a religious organisation
- Sponsorhip- we believe in donating money to local charity and community projects that our colleagues choose to support.
- Therefore, except for occoasional commercial sponsorship, we do not sponsor external individuals or groups.
- Advertising- we do not take part in any charity advertising such as wall planners, diaries, or kids activity booklets. We prefer for money to go directly to the charity and to support the people that need the money most.
- Overseas - the Asda Foundation has a strong preference to serve local, rather than national or charities, stores, or home offices may do so but without foundation funding.
- Bag packing/charity collections - the Foundation would not top-up any money raised through local group's bag packing or charities collecting in store as we focus on money being raised by colleagues locally.
- Asda's national charities - the Foundation would not make a contrivution to money being raised for Asda's national charities we prefer to support the local charities and good causes, as these campaigns raise so much nationally.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the ASDA Foundation Community Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.