ASF Capital Grants
American Savings FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: Up to US $300,000
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Capital Project
Location of project: Preferred: Counties in Connecticut: Hartford County, New Haven County Other eligible locations: Counties in Connecticut: Hartford County, Litchfield County, Middlesex County, New Haven County, Tolland County, Windham County Show all
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
Note: Organizations must first submit a Letter of Intent.
American Savings Foundation
American Savings Foundation is a permanent charitable endowment which provides grants to local nonprofit organizations, in addition to college scholarships to area students. The Foundation is a broad-based funder dedicated to improving the quality of life for the residents of the communities we serve. This is our lasting commitment.
The Foundation is a broad-based funder, with a special emphasis on the needs of children, youth and families. Our general funding priorities are Education, Human Services and Arts & Culture. These are not rigid categories, and many of our grants overlap more than one. We focus on direct service programs that help those with highest need, and where our funding can make a direct, measurable impact. Our Grant History helps grantseekers understand our priorities.
Capital grants support projects that are closely aligned with American Savings Foundation’s mission, and the needs of the community.
Capital requests may be for funding for one-time capital expenses, or for large capital campaigns. Requests can include new construction, renovations, and equipment. Visit our Grant History page to see our recent capital grants.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Organization must be tax exempt under IRS section 501(c)(3)
- Requests may include administrative overhead. We do not have a set formula; however, we apply an industry rule-of-thumb of about 10-15%.
- The Foundation reviews requests on a year-by-year basis only and renewed funding is never automatic.
- Typically, we fund only one program at an agency in a given year.
- The Foundation continues to invest in the towns that make up our historic 64-town service area in Connecticut.
- Ineligible for funding:
- Religious institutions, except for non-sectarian activities that benefit the community at-large
- Primary or secondary schools -- public, private independent, or parochial -- or colleges and universities
- Endowment funds
- Private Foundations
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the ASF Capital Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.
Please wait while we load this grant.
Sorry, we're having trouble loading this grant.